Pirates of the Caribbean 6?

Captain Dunsel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looks like Disney may be moving forward with a Pirates 6?

IMG_3277.jpeg

Im fine with them keeping this going however, They better not reboot Capt jack with a woman. why cant they just filter in a new cast of characters.

'Indy' is Harrison.
'Rocky' is Stallone.
'Top Gun' is Tom Cruise.

'Pirates' is Johnny Depp. Without him it's just another old theme park ride. Like 'Jungle Cruise' or 'Haunted Mansion.'

It's certainly possible to make a good 'Pirates' reboot without Depp.
But they will be mostly starting from the ground floor again.

Like trying to make a new 'Jungle' or 'Mansion' movie.
Or Star Wars.
Marvel.
Pixar.
Disney's entire back catalog of classics.
'Lucky Charms' cereal.
Literally anything.

Right now Disney's film department is too incompetent to do anything very well. A new 'Pirates' reboot will probably be more of the same.

Last edited:
Trying to grab at anything they can that might have any fanbase left for them to get any money from. Next thing you know, they'll be trying for their lesser known films like John Carter and Tomorrowland. They're already trying to do that with TRON fans as it is. They're grasping at straws and hoping one of them has a lifeline.

Trying to grab at anything they can that might have any fanbase left for them to get any money from. Next thing you know, they'll be trying for their lesser known films like John Carter and Tomorrowland. They're already trying to do that with TRON fans as it is. They're grasping at straws and hoping one of them has a lifeline.

Yep.

Disney has been strip-mining their existing assets for more than a decade. After the 2023 disaster, they know the top-teir franchises are pretty exhausted. Now they are trying 2nd/3rd-tier stuff.

I dunno about 'John Carter' though. It's too notorious for bombing last time.

It didn't really have a fair chance (and still doesn't) because later artists like George Lucas have mined it so heavily.

Yep.

Disney has been strip-mining their existing assets for more than a decade. After the 2023 disaster, they know the top-teir franchises are pretty exhausted. Now they are trying 2nd/3rd-tier stuff.

I dunno about 'John Carter' though. It's too notorious for bombing last time.

It didn't really have a fair chance (and still doesn't) because later artists like George Lucas have mined it so heavily.
My point is that they're trying to milk anything they have that might have a fandom left that they haven't already screwed up. I mean, John Carter was grossly mishandled and didn't do well at the box office, but there may be some people who still like it. The same is true with Tomorrowland also. Not a box office hit, but there's probably some people who are fans of it. And if there's any chance of people like either of those, they'd try to milk them for whatever money they could get.

Right now, the fans of The Last Starfighter must be cringing in existential dread...

This has been batted around for what? 4-5 years? There was talk but with no specifics, then margo robbie, them nothing, post trial i heard they wanted depp back, now this. It is firmly ill believe it when they release it territory. As for 6, that could very well be just press talk. More 6th movie w the title, than a part 6. If they do it without him it will be hard enough, so just make it completely separate. Simply putting potc in the title tho will raise expectations depp will be there and from the trial we know he has a lot of vocal fans which you then have to deal with. So if you do it, you maybe able to cut costs with a loeer profile cast, but you are still going to blow 200m on advertising to set it up as totally different which sets you up to fail.

This has been batted around for what? 4-5 years? There was talk but with no specifics, then margo robbie, them nothing, post trial i heard they wanted depp back, now this. It is firmly ill believe it when they release it territory. As for 6, that could very well be just press talk. More 6th movie w the title, than a part 6. If they do it without him it will be hard enough, so just make it completely separate. Simply putting potc in the title tho will raise expectations depp will be there and from the trial we know he has a lot of vocal fans which you then have to deal with. So if you do it, you maybe able to cut costs with a loeer profile cast, but you are still going to blow 200m on advertising to set it up as totally different which sets you up to fail.
Disney brought back National Treasure, but as a TV series on Disney+. No Nicolas Cage, of course, and only a brief cameo by Harvey Keitel in the first episode. Switched to a younger, female cast. After watching the first episode, I have no desire to see the rest, and I think it was canceled anyway. Never got off the ground.

This sounds to me like a lot of the same. I don’t know, if you do a pirate 6, maybe you agreed to pay Johnny $3 million to do a Harrison Ford style cameo for two minutes in the middle of the film, just enough where you hint that maybe this new young female pirate is actually Jack Sparrow‘s daughter, but keep it vague, and JJ Abrams mystery box like.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back