Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

And here comes JD to comment on the "realistic" argument again. HAHA Just kidding bud. The explanation and fact that it was built for the military was cool and realistic, but the overall design of the tumbler, I agree, was unrealistic and generally non-functional.

And here comes JD to comment on the "realistic" argument again. HAHA Just kidding bud. The explanation and fact that it was built for the military was cool and realistic, but the overall design of the tumbler, I agree, was unrealistic and generally non-functional.
Um, the Nolan Batmobile was not cool nor realistic, not functional... and your penchant for bringing me up is just kinda creepy (even if you do or don't agree with me - and your reply implies both).

12519279534_432b01130a_o.png

Go Out in Hollywood with Ben and Matt | Omaze

12518802125_ba46c8225d_o.png

Um, the Nolan Batmobile was not cool nor realistic, not functional... and your penchant for bringing me up is just kinda creepy (even if you do or don't agree with me - and your reply implies both).

Ok, you can get over the "creepy" I'm bringing you up comment. The only reason I said something is it's been an ongoing "discussion" with you and your dislike for anything Nolan and "realistic" in nature. Moving on now.....

- - - Updated - - -

Is the contest like a raffle or does it seem more like bidding for a chance? So some rich person gets to hang out with them at a VIP event? Awesome.

LOL...Nolan vehicle defintely more "realistic" than the West or Burton cars. The length was comical on it's own. We are talking about fantasy stuff of course, so your idea of realism should be based on that fact as well.

I would definitely like a Arkham style vehicle, not so hot rod looking though.

1998-2000_Batmobile_01.jpg

I'd love to see something like this one from the mid-late nineties comics, still my favorite Batmobile of all time. It has the aggressive, stylized look while keeping a functional, maneuverable look also. Still hate that the only miniature I've found is a Hallmark ornament.

Batman isn't very realistic.

^^This^^

If we're splitting straws.

Um, the Nolan Batmobile was not cool nor realistic, not functional...

Why? Because it didn't have Bat-wingy curves or a big Bat symbol for a hood ornament?
I loved the Tumbler as much as the Nola movies as a whole because it broke the mold. I'm not sure I understand how or why the cycle was worked into the original design, but it was still neat.

I'd love to see something like this one from the mid-late nineties comics, still my favorite Batmobile of all time. It has the aggressive, stylized look while keeping a functional, maneuverable look also. Still hate that the only miniature I've found is a Hallmark ornament.

I just hate the Bat-wingy fins and I don't see the point of making it Batty looking. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the only car of it's kind on the road and it would only take one time of Bats jumping out of it to make the association from that point on. Nobody it going to mistakenly try to enter that vehicle at the mall thinking it's theirs.

But any vehicle with an aerosolized regurgitant sprayer must be awesome.

Why? Because it didn't have Bat-wingy curves or a big Bat symbol for a hood ornament?
I loved the Tumbler as much as the Nola movies as a whole because it broke the mold. I'm not sure I understand how or why the cycle was worked into the original design, but it was still neat.
It didn't break any mold. It was just a bad idea - curves and wings don't make the batmobile; but making it psuedo-military vehicle with a build that makes no sense doesn't. I'd rather have Bats drive around in a VW Bug that be subject to another Tumbler type vehicle.

I guess everyone has no gray zone for "realism". I thought Tim Burton's Batman was very realistic. His neck was stiff as a board and he was as graceful as a walrus doing kung fu. Nolan's Batman, more realstic. Batman moved around and hit people with effective "looking" martial arts. He used the SKYHOOK system; A real world military tech.

BOOM, Nolan's Batman more realstic. Oh ummm, Jack Nicholson used a long gun to shoot down the Batwing.
Batman isn't very realistic.
Examining Realism In Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy - Starpulse.com
Dark Knight Shift: Why Batman Could Exist--But Not for Long - Scientific American

I just hate the Bat-wingy fins and I don't see the point of making it Batty looking. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the only car of it's kind on the road and it would only take one time of Bats jumping out of it to make the association from that point on. Nobody it going to mistakenly try to enter that vehicle at the mall thinking it's theirs.

By that rationale we should get rid of the chest bat, the ears, the cape, and everything else that makes him Batman. Why would a realistic hero need to dress like a bat anyway, right? We'll just call him Dark Hero Man or Rubber Ninja Man and everything can be completely generic and boring. The car has been part of the story for a little over seventy years, complete with fins, bat heads, etc. Your hatred of those things and Nolan's choice not to use them aren't a valid argument as to why they shouldn't be used ever again.

I personally didn't have a problem with the Tumbler. I actually slightly prefer it to the Keaton version, which I also like, because it looked more functional, something the Keaton car to me lacked. I'd prefer a happy medium that looks good and is functional, like the Batman character itself.

You love the Tumbler. Others love the Keaton car. I'd like a happy medium. No one is wrong.

But any vehicle with an aerosolized regurgitant sprayer must be awesome.

You're right, now I hate it too. Ruins the whole design. :rolleyes

I can suspend disbelief more in an alien with superior attributes than I can a millionaire who fights crime because he has gadgets and knows martial arts.

Well, to each their own then...If you look at Phoenix Jones, he's a very good real world hero. Batman is totally possible. Unfortunately Phoenix doesn't have the budget. Gadgets, check. Armor, check.

I have always tried to explain my views on the realism issue like this. Batman's gadgets, vehicles etc are and always will be a stretch of the imagination. However, in Nolan's films he presented these fictitious elements in such a way that they could be precieved as more something that could actually exist. Tried to design them with a semi-military feel etc. Design aside, they were able to give an explaination as to where they came from, what their original purpose was, and so on. The tumbler was originally an armored vehicle meant to jump distances to tow cables and build bridges. Hence the jet exhaust. He dresses up as a bat to freighted his enemies, but things like his ears have microphones to hear from a long distance or a blue tooth type thing to talk to Alfred or Fox. I'm not saying they ARE real, simply that they made the possibility much more convincing and functional so to speak, opposed to previous batmobiles or batwings that you could see had little to no function or realism. Now, even though the "Bat" in TDKR was supposed to be for urban terrain, I will admit, for the realism feel, that one was a bit over the top since it kind of went against physics.

Cripes. Here we go with Nolan's Batman somehow being more realistic than other incarnations of Batman.

It's not.

Get over it, move on...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back