Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I'm a hell of a lot more interested in these new concept arts :
image.pngimage.png
Look at that cape ! And the haters are gonna hate, but I find Gadot positively gorgeous on these. And badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=60&v=fjCGKzD-Lec
More marketing from LexCorp. Pretty well done, looks like something out of Apple's HQ.
Not bad. The first thing that came to my mind watching that was Kingsman, oddly enough. In that movie, if you haven't seen it, the bad guy distributed this high tech phone chip that was supposed to be a good thing but that he was really using to execute his evil plan. I can see Lex doing something similar with his Lex/OS thing...he tells everyone it's the safest, most secure OS on the market when, in reality, everything you do on it can be used by him/his company for nefarious purposes.

You know? I really think I'll like this.

But why the hell can't it be batman VS. superman?????

Batman v superman makes no sense. They are inventing words

Looks more and more interesting,now here's a question/tought:that video above has been speculated to be a "nightmare" or a what if thing but I have to wonder how much or if at all it's gonna be influenced by the Flash TV show-think about it they're not only fooling with time travel but alternate realities what with Earth two and all.

Could be a sneaky way to have the TV shows and movies be all different yet all connected.

Man... I've been an Affleck fan since "Dazed and Confused" and, most of all, "Chasing Amy. I stuck by him through it all...

And now he's playing my favorite comic book hero, and by the looks of it, he's going to be the best thing about the movie.

New Star Wars... Affleck Killing it as Bats...

Damn good year.

While there isn't any context for this clip... it just doesn't look or feel right to me at all. Outside of the poor Batman cowl and the already mentioned Superman hairline (there's so much they could've done to give Supes better hair) - I just don't get the whole the Superman unmasking Batman like this, nor the fear we see from Batman (or the fact that he's chained up like he is).

Maybe this will make sense within the scope of the actual movie, but... I don't get it or like what I'm seeing here at all.

edit/addition:
I'm reading elsewhere that this is part of a dream/nightmare sequence in the film that Bruce Wayne has. Which I had thought about... but, there was no evidence from this footage. If it is a dream or "knightmare" - I guess it's a little more understandable. But, without any context? meh.

Last edited:
Official figures call it the "Knightmare Batman."

The clip certainly doesn't confirm or deny it, but I think it is pretty obvious it is a dream sequence personally. I do however agree, it is very strange. The thought of Batman having a nightmare and cowering like a scared puppy from Superman is definitely not to my liking.

Last edited:
The thought of Batman having a nightmare and cowering like a scared puppy from Superman is definitely not to my liking.

Did we watch the same clip? I didn't see anybody "cowering like a scared puppy". I saw a hint of fear on his face as Supes was walking up to him (who wouldn't in this [presumed] threatening context), but once he was unmasked, all I saw was fury and probably a strong desire to cave his face in. I think he was more afraid of being unmasked than of Superman himself.

Did we watch the same clip? I didn't see anybody "cowering like a scared puppy". I saw a hint of fear on his face as Supes was walking up to him (who wouldn't in this [presumed] threatening context), but once he was unmasked, all I saw was fury and probably a strong desire to cave his face in. I think he was more afraid of being unmasked than of Superman himself.

Yep, we watched the same clip. In that clip, I saw batman acting like a scared puppy. You didn't? Crazy how those opinion things work, eh?

Yep, we watched the same clip. In that clip, I saw batman acting like a scared puppy. You didn't? Crazy how those opinion things work, eh?

Yep... I thought the same... it didn't feel right to have a 'scared' Batman...

Also, the unmasking also doesn't make any sense other than for dramatic effect... the man has X-Ray vision... he doesn't need to unmask Batman to know who he is...

I always liked how the animated series handled their first meeting... Superman uses his x-ray vision to see who's under the mask during an encounter... and then Batman uses his stealth and detective skills to follow Superman back to Clark Kent's apartment to discover who Superman is.

It was a very nice mutual respect touche moment handled very well...

Nope, I didn't see that at all. I saw a guy coming to in a strange place, looking around in confusion and taking in his surroundings, then looking forward in curiosity, then staring neutrally at Superman as he was walking towards him, then looking at him somewhat fearfully as he was reaching out towards his face, and then fury (whether at being unmasked or some other reason, idk), and body language throughout that suggested nothing different.

I suppose all that could be interpreted differently, but to say that he was "cowering like a scared puppy" is unduly extreme, I think.

yeah no cowering... but I see no issue with a bit of fear. He basically has been captured and presented to a "god" like a sacrifice. Supes also looks pissed as hell, and not the usual farm boy in tights. Bats is a smart enough man to know when he's tied down and confronted by a near indestructible super being, this could be the end...

If he had no reaction, why would we? Stakes are only stakes if you believe the protagonist is in some sort of life threatening position.

To bring another franchise into this... When Darth Maul was revealed at the end of Phantom Menace, and Obi and Qui gon casually drop their cloaks and light their sabers, I had zero investment in the fight. They didn't seem overly concerned or threatened by this bad guy, so I didn't give a crap at all during the whole fight.

In the Force Awakens (trailer), Finn looking like he's going to crap his pants when Kylo Ren comes at him immediately makes the situation seem more threatening and the scene more intense.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back