Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

yeah no cowering... but I see no issue with a bit of fear. He basically has been captured and presented to a "god" like a sacrifice. Supes also looks pissed as hell, and not the usual farm boy in tights. Bats is a smart enough man to know when he's tied down and confronted by a near indestructible super being, this could be the end...

If he had no reaction, why would we? Stakes are only stakes if you believe the protagonist is in some sort of life threatening position.

To bring another franchise into this... When Darth Maul was revealed at the end of Phantom Menace, and Obi and Qui gon casually drop their cloaks and light their sabers, I had zero investment in the fight. They didn't seem overly concerned or threatened by this bad guy, so I didn't give a crap at all during the whole fight.

In the Force Awakens (trailer), Finn looking like he's going to crap his pants when Kylo Ren comes at him immediately makes the situation seem more threatening and the scene more intense.

^^THIS. It was such a brief moment, but I felt SOOO much fear and tension in that spot. I'm pretty free of spoilers and don't want to know, but looks like Finn is in a spot where he has the weapon, but doesn't know how to use it, and is facing off with Ren, who knows a heck of a lot more about saber fighting than him, but is forced to use it out of protection.

Anyway, back to the actual topic of this new teaser... I don't know how I feel about it. I'm still not liking a great deal of what I'm seeing, but I really have to view the movie to know for sure what it's all about and think they're using a lot of misdirection.

Maybe Cavill is pissed because Affleck got Garner pregnant again and has nothing to do with a Batman/Superman moment.

I'm confused with the new teaser. There's no eye shadow/shade around Bruce Wayne's eyes after he got unmasked by Superman?!

yeah no cowering... but I see no issue with a bit of fear. He basically has been captured and presented to a "god" like a sacrifice. Supes also looks pissed as hell, and not the usual farm boy in tights. Bats is a smart enough man to know when he's tied down and confronted by a near indestructible super being, this could be the end...

If he had no reaction, why would we? Stakes are only stakes if you believe the protagonist is in some sort of life threatening position.

To bring another franchise into this... When Darth Maul was revealed at the end of Phantom Menace, and Obi and Qui gon casually drop their cloaks and light their sabers, I had zero investment in the fight. They didn't seem overly concerned or threatened by this bad guy, so I didn't give a crap at all during the whole fight.

In the Force Awakens (trailer), Finn looking like he's going to crap his pants when Kylo Ren comes at him immediately makes the situation seem more threatening and the scene more intense.

I think 'defiance' would have been better rather than 'fear' in this instance... he's BATMAN... a man who goes up against impossible odds, meta-humans, and gods on a regular basis with nothing but his mind, his wits and a few gadgets.

My point is that there shouldn't be an "Oh *****!" moment with The Batman... ever.

If anything he should have been shown as cold and calculating... trying to assess any potential weaknesses, how to outwit his opponent, etc.

Even in the face of certain death the Batman we all know and love would be fighting to his last breath as opposed to resigning to fear...

As for your "Duel of the Fates" reference, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that one as well El ;)

At the time, the Sith hadn't been seen in centuries and the Jedi were everywhere and firmly entrenched... they wouldn't have had any reason to believe that Maul was the real deal, and probably would have been a bit overconfident about the battle even if he was a true Sith (which of course he was).

I believe its a dream in the new clip. Supes doesn't need anyone to capture a guy, and capturing BATMAN? Come on, its Bruce and his fears of Superman being uncontrollable and, as the film description says, "gone unchecked." Probably just after the Black Zero incident and his inspiration to investigate on Kal.

I'm just guessing here, but i think the "You let you family die" and the "Jokes on you Batman" is all a part of a dream/nightmare. Supes shook up the world, Bruce has guilt of his past, and fears of the future. Bruce tells Alfred about it, and this is where he comes in with his "fever/rage" talk. This would be just after seeing the opening sequence of the Black Zero event and during the 18 month period before the full story catches traction. Just my theory, idk lol.

It was a bladder spasm, after an incendiary blast. firefighters experience the same thing under similar circumstances. It isn't the best batman story ever written but, I will defend that moment of realism to the grave.

As a career firefighter for over a decade, I have never heard of this bladder spasm or whatever it is. Now, we do have something called "Code Brown" but that is usually brought on by too much coffee first thing in the morning.

I'm really surprised they actually showed a money shot of the villain.

Loved the shot of the Trinity at the end.

Kinda like I thought Bats and Supes will fight until something comes along and make them team up-predictable but still looks good,at least we aren't getting the usual Batman or Superman movie,again,for the thousandth time.

Batman's "Oh,S..." was funny :lol

I think this was an overall cast trailer rather than just Batman and Superman one. Clark and Bruce already bump heads during their introduction, I'm betting the trinity teamup is in the last 20 mins and we still get a lot of BvS conflict

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back