Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I've always said that the MoS suit would have looked much better if they had left the shield and the S inside it smooth instead of texturing it like the rest of the suit. I understand the need for the texture due to HD and all but they're really going overboard with the textured these days and making these costumes way too busy looking. I think that a smooth shield would have made for a nice contrast to all that crazy texturing and given the eyes a place to rest.

It's been quite awhile since I've posted in this thread, but I've been following it off and on. I just felt like posting for some reason, mainly just to say that I can not wait for this movie any longer! I can't believe it's only 6 months away, but I swear the closer it gets the longer it feels :lol

I really think (hope) this movie is going to be amazing, although there are a couple things I am not too sure about, mainly Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. I will admit I was one of the few who wasn't too worried when they cast him as LL, as I thought he would be able to pull it off. However after seeing him in the trailer, I am starting to get pretty worried :unsure If I remember right we don't see much of him in it, but I do remember I wasn't at all impressed/happy with what little I saw. Other than that I honestly love pretty much everything I've heard/seen regarding this movie. Of course I've only watched the trailer once, and ever since that I've tried to avoid reading/watching anything that could reveal any major spoilers about the film.

I've always said that the MoS suit would have looked much better if they had left the shield and the S inside it smooth instead of texturing it like the rest of the suit. I understand the need for the texture due to HD and all but they're really going overboard with the textured these days and making these costumes way too busy looking. I think that a smooth shield would have made for a nice contrast to all that crazy texturing and given the eyes a place to rest.

This sounds like it would be pretty cool (even though I love the current design), someone with Photoshop skills should alter one of the images to show what this would look like.

DC should really put a lid on all this info "leaking." They shouldn't have to stoke public interest to smash opening night because, when you don't have much left to reveal when the film comes out, you lose some of the audience of repeat viewers. BvS is already an event - DC/Warner doesn't need to tease this much.

Just grabbed a pic and used a blur tool on the red area of the chest emblem, on my mobile and its kinda hard to blur the yellow/gold portions without making the entire thing look like its been censored out lol
IMG_20150903_195654.jpg

That actually looks super cool.. no pun intended.. this time. :lol

I would really love to see the smooth emblem in future films. All of the texture.. while it does look great in HD.. is a bit of an eyestrain after a while. Way too busy IMO.

Heck yeah it looks as if smoothing it out somehow made the entire thing larger on the chest! Definitely pops out and makes it more interesting looking

I'd actually leave the yellow "chainmailed", as it's part of the main bodysuit. And for the actual glyph, something like what Jor-El had -- smooth, texture-wise, but with contouring and grooves running along the "grain" of the shape, so to speak.

manofsteeljorelcostume1.jpg

But without the "vines" or organic/woodgrain artifacts. Also, I love how Jor-El's bodysuit glyph has the colors inverted from what we're used to, and I wish they'd carried it over to his son. Same dark red as his bo8ts for the background, and a nice antique gold or bronze for the glyph itself...? Nice update to the look, IMO.
--
Jonah

I know this is an aside, but I watched the watchmen last night and in all honesty, that redeemed Snyder to my. It may not be perfect but it's probably the most challenging adaptation there is. Terry Gilliam couldn't even do it.

Which gives me hope for this movie

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/38769/batman-to-dominate-superman-in-justice

Studio telling Snyder to put in more Batman and the Affleck is blowing Cavill off the screen.
That's a rumor coming from Heroic Hollywood, the guy behind it has no clue whatsoever, every single one of his latest "scoops" has been absurd and wrong. He's just making stuff up now.
We know the movie was already showed to a bunch of execs including WB CEO, who liked it very much as is apparently.

edit 09/10 : And there you go, straight from Snyder himself : “Only in that because it’s a different Batman than the Batman that was in the Chris Nolan movies, so we have a little bit more explaining to do—and you justhad a whole Superman movie,” he smiled. “But I think only in that way, because you need to understand where Batman is with everything. And that’s more toward the beginning, but it evens back out as it goes on.”
So a bit more batman at the beginning to establish he's not Nolan's Batman, then 50% 50%. Heroic Hollywood is a hack.
Source : http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...n-v-superman-transcends-superhero-movies.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/18863/2029810-1_russellcrowejorelset.jpg

Blue with a red cape. I think the military caste was all blacks and pewters, the governing caste was all browns and bronzes, and the science caste was subdued primary colors.

--Jonah

In the film the colors are just so toned down that it was hard to tell to me until you see Superman's suit. Had Lara done a search and knew that there were prior El ancestors there, why did they not colonies it then if it was suitable etc?

From the look of things when Clark found the ship, it had crashed and most of the crew never woke up. There's an implication, from the broken-out chamber, that one survived and left the ship. Some theorize Kara Zor-El. Depends on what tack they take with the whole Supergirl thing -- i.e., created genetic matrix or Kal-El's cousin? And what version they go with for the TV series, since DC is keeping their movie and TV universes utterly separate. Idiots.

--Jonah

In the film the colors are just so toned down that it was hard to tell to me until you see Superman's suit. Had Lara done a search and knew that there were prior El ancestors there, why did they not colonies it then if it was suitable etc?

Because it wasn't suitable... at least based on initial evaluations. Looks how it effected the Kryptonians when they first arrived.

About the suit's dark blue... Wouldn't the darker color absorb more sunlight? That is a plus for Kal, for absorbing the sun for power, and an easy way to explain it. If they ever wanted to explain it

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back