Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Kal-El got the suit this time around from holo-Jor-El. But it's always been Kryptonian tech. I have no problem with it being some ultra-advanced, molecular sandwich, reinforced smart fabric, the outermost layer of which is tessellated into an interwoven pattern to retain flexibility and keep the weight down. Remember, Krypton was thousands of years ahead of us. Kinda like the Asgardians in Marvel...

--Jonah

Krypto armor is insanely textured, let's say the undersuits were smooth but the armor pressed against it and embossed the texture in there (Krypto-business, go back to your drinks.) And Jor-El took away Kal's armor and knew he would only need the undersuit while on Earth because of the strong power of the sun

Kal-El got the suit this time around from holo-Jor-El. But it's always been Kryptonian tech. I have no problem with it being some ultra-advanced, molecular sandwich, reinforced smart fabric, the outermost layer of which is tessellated into an interwoven pattern to retain flexibility and keep the weight down. Remember, Krypton was thousands of years ahead of us. Kinda like the Asgardians in Marvel...

--Jonah

Sounds reasonable.

Honestly I didn't watch the whole thing of the most recent movie. Didn't really care for it.

Krypto armor is insanely textured, let's say the undersuits were smooth but the armor pressed against it and embossed the texture in there (Krypto-business, go back to your drinks.) And Jor-El took away Kal's armor and knew he would only need the undersuit while on Earth because of the strong power of the sun
Gods below, I did love that armor. :) I don't think the inside of it has anything to do with the outside of the bodysuit, though. And Jor-El was wearing the same outfit.

Honestly I didn't watch the whole thing of the most recent movie. Didn't really care for it.
Honestly, I still feel it should have been two films and a "Last Days of Krypton" TV series. And some of the stupid moments should have been done differently, but that's a rant for elsewhere. It's worth struggling through, if only so you can intelligently critique it. The villain has no motivation. The military are apparently full of idiots. Pa Kent's death was utterly avoidable. But I love the costumes and casting.

--Jonah

I always thought it would be better if he had died of cancer or something that Clark couldn't prevent. The way he died was so stupid and really didn't even help Clark learn anything.

What if... Pa Kent isn't dead at all.
He survives the tornado miraculously.. but he has sustained quite an injury to the head. He forgets most of his past life.. but one thing. He becomes fairly well known around the town as a homeless man always telling magical stories of the boy with super powers. Faster than us.. stronger than us... They all think it's just an old man gone delusional.

Until Superman shows up.

Lex recalls hearing of this man, and slowly makes the connections. He learns who Pa Kent really is, and then who Ma Kent is... And then Clark himself. Being evil, he uses Supermans adoptive father to twist his hand and impose his will over a very distraught superman.

And then Superman breaks both of their necks.
Credits roll. Bright red and blue letters "You just got shyamalaned!"

How awesome would that be?? I'll be waiting for my cheque DC (I am absolutely not being serious.) :)

Last edited:
Certainly a cool and interesting idea, and not a bad one at all. By the looks of the trailer it does look like Lex is going to manipulate Superman some how. Gotta say I was a little sceptical about Isenberg as Lex, but going to give it a fair go.
What if... Pa Kent isn't dead at all.
He survives the tornado miraculously.. but he has sustained quite an injury to the head. He forgets most of his past life.. but one thing. He becomes fairly well known around the town as a homeless man always telling magical stories of the boy with super powers. Faster than us.. stronger than us... They all think it's just an old man gone delusional.

Until Superman shows up.

Lex recalls hearing of this man, and slowly makes the connections. He learns who Pa Kent really is, and then who Ma Kent is... And then Clark himself. Being evil, he uses Supermans adoptive father to twist his hand and impose his will over a very distraught superman.

And then Superman breaks both of their necks.
Credits roll. Bright red and blue letters "You just got shyamalaned!"

How awesome would that be?? I'll be waiting for my cheque DC!

In regards to the suit, I definitely like the new suit and how the script breaks things up a little, however I think the texturing is a bit overdone at times. Something similar to the new 52 with added Kryptonian script would have been plenty of texture.

Superman new 52.png

Second, one of the things that bothered me about MoS, and I love the film, was Clark getting his suit. Jor El is giving him the history of where he came from, all the Kryptonian suits we've seen so far have been black and gray or a dark dark copper almost. Even Jor El's. He tells him about his home, a door opens and here in this 20,000 year old ship, ancestors or not, is this much more colorful (despite the lens filter) blue, red, and yellow suit. Again, going back to the new 52, you could have kept the story line about Kal being the first natural birth in centuries and given the reason for the color of his suit meaning. That he was truly special. In the new 52 the suit is actually a biotech suit. They are all white to begin with until the user puts it on. Then it changes and conforms to their specific bloodline. Everyone's suit in MoS is that dark black or gray or copper. This would simply mean they are normal and born/made for a purpose. Samething as the movie, Jor El opens the door and here is this amazing white biotech suit. Kal puts it on and instead of changing to the dark and bleak colors we've seen, the suit changes and is this bright blue, red, and yellow. Conforming to his bloodline, but also showing how special he really is. Took longer to explain then if it were on screen, but here is the clip from the comic when Kal got his suit. Very simply explaination and not this weird, oh this was your ancestors so we just happen to have a special bright colored suit, just for you.

Superman new 52 biotech.jpg

Actually I wonder if Jor-El's suit wasn't blue like Kal's, under his robes and armor. The shield wasn't red and gold for sure though. I've always attributed the different suit to it's age, kryptonian fashion 20K years ago might have been slightly different. That or since it's a scout ship, maybe scout suits were different. I don't think there is a definitive answer to this, so everyone can choose his own theory I guess !

edit : yes his is blue with a dark bronze shield :
1zpkzf4.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I like the new 52 explanation more simply because the one in MoS was just so....random or coincidental. You just happened to send him to a world that just happened to have your ancestors scout out, who just happened to have a suit in his size and they all just somehow are dead. I don't know. Too left field for me. Maybe that was more my point and I was simply trying to add a better explanation onto it. But I see your point and that could have been the case as well. I just like the suit conforming to the user and explaining why it's so much stronger etc.

Maybe I like the new 52 explanation more simply because the one in MoS was just so....random or coincidental. You just happened to send him to a world that just happened to have your ancestors scout out, who just happened to have a suit in his size and they all just somehow are dead.

Was it really random though? Lara actively searched for a suitable world to send Kal to, maybe she did an advanced search and added "worlds previously scouted", keyword "El".

Was it really random though? Lara actively searched for a suitable world to send Kal to, maybe she did an advanced search and added "worlds previously scouted", keyword "El".

Are you saying a society that colonizes and terraforms other worlds and creates a machine that can open a portal to another dimension might have something as sophisticated as a query-based database searches? I find that hard to believe.... everything else is totally plausible. :)

http://imgur.com/a/eu2xY

Found a gallery with the highest quality photos I've come across yet. Great shots of all three suits!

I'm not crazy about the batman suit but it is growing on me. The belt boxes look like those plastic cigarette cases. I bet they are. Also, what's up with the wrinkles in batman's suit? I noticed them in the pic of Affleck wearing it too. He needs to iron that thing.

...Also, what's up with the wrinkles in batman's suit? I noticed them in the pic of Affleck wearing it too. He needs to iron that thing.
Now that you mention it, it does seem that the people who created that suit got a little carried away with the wrinkles. A few well-placed wrinkles around the areas of the suit that flex--the shoulder, elbow, and knee joints, for example--would have been enough.

Now that you mention it, it does seem that the people who created that suit got a little carried away with the wrinkles. A few well-placed wrinkles around the areas of the suit that flex--the shoulder, elbow, and knee joints, for example--would have been enough.
If enough members post this maybe Zach will CG out some wrinkles.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back