Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Ahh I think I see the Krypto script now. Gauntlets wrist area, middle of chest symbol, yellow parts of "waist belt"
*edit* and also between the shoulder and bicep area

Awesome images.

Loving the metallic knuckles!! And the Superman suit is so much more detailed than I had imagined.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sV1oy2f.jpg
    sV1oy2f.jpg
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 369
Ugh. That textured rubber Super-suit just looks ridiculous.

I'm alright with the batsuit, but Supes' suit is just awful.
Actually, I'm really digging the Batsuit.
The armor suit is cool, too, but there's places on it where it's designed really impractically, and that makes me not love it.

Wonderwoman I love, though! That costume looks GREAT!
Except for the high heel shoes - that's kinda stupid.

Last edited:
http://imgur.com/a/eu2xY

Found a gallery with the highest quality photos I've come across yet. Great shots of all three suits!
That's quite the comprehensive collection of pics. I love all 3 suits. Never understood the hate-on for the textured superhero suits...I actually prefer it to flat, boring lycra/spandex. I wonder what Superman's cape is made of. And are we back to leather for Batman's cape?

Oh boy, March can't come soon enough.

I hated the Superman suit before but now I hate it even more. The hidden script on the arms, is that supposed to be like his 90's tribal tattoo around his arm? You can't wear this under your clothes and nobody not notice it's under there.

I also hate the texturing of the suit (from a distance looks like chain mail).
I think there's a trend towards this kind of texturing (and very high detailing) because they're starting the seed to generate market pressure for 4K televisions in the future. They want people to say, "Look, you can see the pattern in the suit! I don't get that with my Blu-Ray copy. Time to upgrade." .... and, you bet, I'll be one of those suckers.

Last edited:
Well that, and the fact that a plain bodysuit would look like a cosplay and not alien or worth several (hundreds ?) thousand dollars in R&D !

And this man would look pretty ridiculous in a 2016 movie, no offense or disrespect towards him. It was ok when it came out back then and while iconic, it's clearly outdated.

I feel like plain spandex is just not enough these days.. I also feel like the uber-textured suit isn't quite right either.

The work and technology they put into and developed for the suit is mind blowing, but it feels a touch over done and repetitive. I'm personally glad they broke it up a little bit with the Kryptonian script..

That being said, it never crossed my mind watching MOS or the BVS trailer. The only thing I noticed then is how washed out and bleak the suit is! Give me my bright red and blue Superman please!

Came across a very cool interview with the BVS and MOS costume designer. The hidden Kryptonian script in Supermans suit was definitely a surprise. Wonder how fast it will be found now that the info is out?

http://blog.peopleschoice.com/2015/08/18/batman-v-superman-costumes-michael-wilkinson-interview/

I mentioned this very thing pages back in the thread!! Glad to know my old eyes are still working as needed.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=190656&page=70&p=3357195&viewfull=1#post3357195

And this man would look pretty ridiculous in a 2016 movie, no offense or disrespect towards him. It was ok when it came out back then and while iconic, it's clearly outdated.

I disagree... done properly I think it would still work. Even as you watch the film now, while the environments and the styles are clearly outdated, you never once look at him in the costume and say that he looks ridiculous

Case in point, this only came out 10 years ago and it worked (the costume... not necessarily the movie!)

superman_returns_423200534956pm531.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back