So Cal Prop Party!! PICS START ON PAGE 33!!!!

OK this made be blush a little! And I'll get the charger back to you; no worries...

PHArchivist - Can't thank you enough for hosting the after-party :] your home is as lovely as you are! I had a great time chatting with you and your Death Star is CRAAAAAZY. Btw, that charger you found is mine! :(

And this reminded me of that scene from Love Actually where the Brit hooks up with the three gals in the U.S. !

Too_many_cars - Becky and I will be at your place shortly to lingerie-pillow-fight a car out of you. Okay? (p.s thanks for letting me play with Herbie's controls for a bit. You shoulda known how dangerous an idea that was.)

So I'm a lazy bum and haven't written anything yet about the Uh-MAzing SoCal Prop Party. So this is my belated review:

The only way I can think of comparing this prop party is to say it was like going to comic con and actually being able to see the amazing things that were around. Possibly even more amazing then some things I saw at Comic Con. And being around amazing people who did nothing but share their awesomeness and love for all things prop, costume and art that goes into making the movies and tv shows we love.

I was so overwhelmed by everything I saw that I didn't really have time to let everything that I was seeing register before the party was over and we were packing up and leaving. (of course it didn't help that I got there way late) I will make sure that next year I get there early so I can fully enjoy everything being displayed!!

I didn't really get to meet everyone there and most that I did it was such a blur that I can't remember names/screen names, but those that I did speak to I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to either discuss my costumes or talk to me in general. Everyone was right when they said that the people attending this party do nothing but make you feel welcome!

Also Matt and Amanda: You guys are sickeningly cute together and at the same time absolutely fantastic people!! I'm so glad to have met you guys and you were both so great to hang out with.

Specifically Amanda (because she's just that much specialness) Ummm ya.....we're BFF of the WC. I've decided we need our own hand sign, you know, like a gangsta sign but waaaay cooler.....cuz we roll like that. Also, I'm so down for lingerie pillow fight in order to have 25% ownership of Herbie......or if someone would like to donate the Jurassic Jeep to our cause then I will take that and you can have Herbie alllll to yourself. Let's do this. Oh and while you don't need to worry about it for years to come I'm sure.....if you want that youthfulness serum that I use I'll gladly give you the recipe......Have you ever seen the movie Perfume???? It's like that, only with babies.

Art and Mirax: You guys are so much fun! I agree with Amanda about wishing we all had more time together to just sit back and talk. I really hope we have more get togethers!

PHArchivist: Thank you so much for inviting us to your lovely home and letting us see your amazing collection and get a glimpse of all the hard work you've been doing with the Death Star! I literally am nothing but green with envy at your dedication. Please thank your wife as well for letting us invade your home!! Also, is it weird that whenever I see your RPF avatar I think of Nathan Fillion????? Lol for whatever reason I'm pretty sure I will forever link you with Malcolm Reynolds. I hope you like Firefly hahaha!

Jedifyfe: Thank you so much for planning this! It's amazing how much time and energy can go into putting something like this together and I'm sure you had quite a lot to deal with. I'm sure there are those out there who think that something like this is an easy throw together event but I'm sure most of us realized it's not and that it could probably get very tiring having to do the research and making sure everyone committed. Not to mention trying to keep everyone happy about any decisions made. Either way, it was very appreciated!!

So this is a really long message but I just really wanted others to know (especially if you are new like me) that these guys are great and if you see a RPF prop party anywhere you should definitely attend!

Evilrocketeer -
internet-bro-fist.jpg

91430a35.jpg

haterade.jpg

Eveningarwen, I'm upset I didn't see you there. In fact, I feel like I didn't make the rounds as much as I would have liked... We have to have another one of these ASAP! So much fun guys! Looking forward to the next one! I took a friend to this last one and he liked it so much he joined up that night!

We would definitely like to work towards formalizing it and making it more of an annual event as well as host one on the east coast!

Uhhhh.... YES! :thumbsup You can do it in knoxville TN! :angel JK as long as you don't mean NY Or florida east coast I am there!
Really looks like a great time was had by all. There are several of you I would really like to meet one day. :) And there are a lot of cool east coast RPFers that I already know that would be a wonderful addition to the party. :)

I'm 90% kidding there. It's just that next year, I won't listen to the people who claim common sense and all and I'll spend my money wildly and I'll have a great time.

Or more likely, I'll be working my $10/hr concessions job in Kansas and have eleventy classes all the way through Saturday and I'll spend the whole weekend wishing I was there AGAIN.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back