Interest thread: South-East Prop Party!

Kris Lyssara

Sr Member
Planning for the first-ever Florida Prop Party is commencing! Here's what we've got so far:

Date: Most likely end of May, coinciding with Mayhem (which I honestly have no idea what it is, other than being a con)

Potential attendees:
Ceric Neesh
TubaChris
CelticCowboy
JtotheP
BRRogers
epilepticsquirl
Cyrix
Interceptor
FXEngineer
Falco

Is there anyone from Orlando who can help me with the organizing? It's a two-hour drive for me to go down there every time, and while I don't mind making the drive, the fact that I'm currently without a job means I can't afford the gas.

Last edited:
Re: Interest thread: Central Florida Prop Party!

About time to have one in Florida!

As for Ale house? I would think just for a group dinner or something but not for the entire thing. I'm not knocking the Ale house, but I personally do not think it'd be good for more then just a group dinner. A prop party includes, well, props. We'd need to keep the food and props seperate (as far as a mass grouping thing is concerned.

Along with that, we'd have to lock the entire place down to properly do it, since I wouldn't want to bring my expensive items to a public resturant where the drunk guy at the bar decides he wants to be a Ghostbuster and do battle with Stay Puft.

I'd recommend that we rent out a small banquet hall or conference room at a decent hotel on I-drive, so we could all be within walking and Trollie distance of resturants and the like.

I'm all for it being in Orlando, which I could do, maybe not J-ville, but could give me an excuse to go to Tallahassee.

About time to have one in Florida!

As for Ale house? I would think just for a group dinner or something but not for the entire thing. I'm not knocking the Ale house, but I personally do not think it'd be good for more then just a group dinner. A prop party includes, well, props. We'd need to keep the food and props seperate (as far as a mass grouping thing is concerned.

Along with that, we'd have to lock the entire place down to properly do it, since I wouldn't want to bring my expensive items to a public resturant where the drunk guy at the bar decides he wants to be a Ghostbuster and do battle with Stay Puft.

I'd recommend that we rent out a small banquet hall or conference room at a decent hotel on I-drive, so we could all be within walking and Trollie distance of resturants and the like.

I'm all for it being in Orlando, which I could do, maybe not J-ville, but could give me an excuse to go to Tallahassee.

All good points. This is why I was hoping someone *other* than me would step up and take point on this, I don't know Orlando well enough to really make these sorts of plans (despite having lived an hour and a half north of it for all but three years of my life). I had considered Tallahassee, but it's pretty much everything we wouldn't want: Not central, not close to any attractions, and apart from FSU, a rather boring city. Ocala'd be a better choice, and, well, it's called Slocala for a reason (though, if all else fails, I could probably convince my parents to let me host it at their place, so there's that....:lol).

As far as renting a small banquet hall or conference room, that's something that I, for reasons COMPLETELY unknown, never considered. I'll look into the pricing on that, but if we go that route, we'd need a few donors, as I can't do much funding beyond my own personal share of costs.

So is Chris the only person interested? If that's the case, then he and I could just as easily plan to just hang out the next time I find myself down in South Florida.

Either, way, BUMP.

I know I am kind of a nobody here, I am in Lakeland and would love to make it. I hope to get a little more into building after school. Only four more months to graduation.:thumbsup

Damn, I just left Florida last September!

My friends and family are all in Orlando, but a 6 hour drive...eeehhhh

I'll throw out St. Augustine... Awesome town and plenty of places to hang out and have fun. (And there is a BeAUTIFUL beach!)
I'm not sure about accommodations though, I have usually stayed with friends when visiting there with the exception of the Casa Yallaha Traveler's Hostel (which was pretty nice!)

I'm in!:thumbsup I've got a few props that can be showed off.

Hi guys,

unfortunately I'll be in Florida only from mid October to early November this year.

Dietrich

Bump for more discussion.

If it is in early June I will be out of school, and would likely be in the Orlando area.
I Imagine I'll have my Legend of Zelda props completed by then... I'm also willing to contribute to the 'booze' fund. :p

*Edit:
Would this topic/ meeting get more bites if it was considered more of a "South-East" Prop Party?

**Editedit:
...And Stickied?

You do have a point about just calling it a South-East prop party. I was just going with the naming convention of the prop parties currently being planned. And you've got a really good point about it being stickied, but I'm not sure the mods are willing to sticky something so early along.

Also, at some point, this may end up getting passed off to someone else, as it's now 90% confirmed that I'm going to be moving to Kansas. But for now, I'm going to get as much of this planned as I can.

I'll go ahead and edit the thread's title to try and attract a bit more interest.

id be interested.... dont have it in daytona... daytona sucks. there isnt anything to do here... have it in orlando. :)

This thread should just be titled "Florida prop-party"... I live in the south-east and I'm a 10hr drive from where you're having the prop party :lol

Hopefully, I'll know by Friday if I have to pass the planning of this party off to someone else. My college app goes before the admissions board either this afternoon or tomorrow, and my admissions counselor is very optimistic. If I get in, though, I'll be too busy getting college stuff taken care of to handle this any longer. It's nice to see that there's a fair bit of interest, though.

If I did have to ass it off to someone else, is there anyone who'd be willing to take over?

Orlando! Please Orlando, I'm tired of having nothing except Anime kids throwing parties after Megacon. Mayhem is coming up soon last weekend of this month, and then Summer is a massive dry season in terms of Orlando-based cons, plus, lots of interested ppl live in this area.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back