Mass Effect 2 N7 Armor Builds

I love all these ME builds. I wish i could manage stuff like this. I may try the armor at some point since the materials are easy to find. The guns maybe later unless i can find kits.

Evil you are a mad genius. I first caught wind of these over on the WPE boards. Awesome build. I have been contemplating a new costume to do, and I think I just found it. I just have two questions for you. Where can I get the pattern for the N7 suit? I hear that others are doing it. But I can't find the pattern anywhere. And second are you scaling it to a certain height?

Evil you are a mad genius. I first caught wind of these over on the WPE boards. Awesome build. I have been contemplating a new costume to do, and I think I just found it. I just have two questions for you. Where can I get the pattern for the N7 suit? I hear that others are doing it. But I can't find the pattern anywhere. And second are you scaling it to a certain height?

Pattern Making 101: Here's my secret. I go into the game (PC preferred), into the armor locker, then take buttloads of screen caps from all angles. Then port into photo shop (or any image scaling software) Take basic measurements of myself (or the person I am building for) and scale the image on my monitor to the proper size. Then I put a piece of paper onto the screen and trace it. (a large monitor helps here, but just move the image and paper around as needed to draw out the entire piece)

That's about all there is to making patterns.

hey EvilFX!

again i just wanted to say how AMAZING these suits and the gun look in person! y'all really blew me away at D*C the other night!!! (i was the guy with the R2 who kept bothering ya about the construction! lol)

totally top notch!

hey EvilFX!

again i just wanted to say how AMAZING these suits and the gun look in person! y'all really blew me away at D*C the other night!!! (i was the guy with the R2 who kept bothering ya about the construction! lol)

totally top notch!

Hi, You wouldn't have those pics of us with the R2 unit? Love to have a copy.

Was awesome meeting you guys at DC and getting to see your work in person. Especially impressive considering the circumstances during your build! I can't thank you enough for all the detailed notes on construction.

I gotta get me one of those foam guns. MDF rifles suck at cons!

4965996968_d8b65bf8d3_b.jpg

Foamshep rules!

sure thing :)

Here's all the D*C pics -
Dragon*Con 2010 - a set on Flickr

Here's y'all specifically-
IMG_9866 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_9865 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Flickr: Please wait...

I have high res versions if you want them, just pm me an e-mail and i'll send em your way

thank you!!!! Awesome to meet you! My son wants to chat you up if you come to Con next year. He's really into robotics.

wow. those came out looking fantastic!

how long do you usually heat the foam for? and how long do you need to hold it in place for it to take the new shape?

stellar work!

wow. those came out looking fantastic!

how long do you usually heat the foam for? and how long do you need to hold it in place for it to take the new shape?

stellar work!

It varies depending on size and thickness, but it usually only takes a few seconds to heat. Hold it in the new shape till it cools.

Thanks for the photo links!
Here are a few quick photos we took at D*C of the finished male version. Hoping to get a good photo shoot done soon for these.

8e33252ae47c1d0834cd0852debd6876-d2yb40v.jpg

0031bf7b61c15d7e0ad0b5decde9a9b1-d2yb45k.jpg

b9cdc0281747e4d774bb9258bb24f080-d2yb48w.jpg

Amazing costumes! I saw a nice one made of foam at Fan Expo (has to be an RPF member) but I couldn't get through the crowd to compliment his costume.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back