Mass Effect 2 N7 Armor Builds

What does he do as a living for his self-employment? Sell all those Guyver suits and other awesome stuff?

Hope he gets a good fix, and won't cost him too much, and thats dedication to move his workspace to his parents place, or really, any available electrical outlet!

What does he do as a living for his self-employment? Sell all those Guyver suits and other awesome stuff?

Hope he gets a good fix, and won't cost him too much, and thats dedication to move his workspace to his parents place, or really, any available electrical outlet!

He does sell his stuff and he does a lot of commission work. He's a freelance artist.

Last edited:
God Love the guy, he's run an extension cord from his parents house and is working on the assault rifles with minimal reference pics.

Perhaps I can help....

Tell him good luck (well, from now on!) for me and I hope he can still make it to DC.

Perhaps I can help....

Tell him good luck (well, from now on!) for me and I hope he can still make it to DC.
thanks, I'll try printing them out. He's got them abput 70% done. they are not exact or perfect but I think they will be pretty good for someone going on memory.

He is still going to Dragoncon. I'm making sure of that. They start work on his roof and walls hopefully tomorrow. Once power is restored, he will be good.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the well wishes. As ParadoxJane stated above, I recently found a very large tree laying in my master bedroom. Luckily I was in another room working on my M8's when it happened. This is why I have not posted any updates or replied to any messages recently. I was finally able to get the electrical inspected and restored just a few days ago. (10 days later) But I'm happy to say that repairs to my home are almost complete now.

Needless to say after this happened I had basically written off Dragon Con and finishing the new costumes in time. However, thanks to the incredible support of my family, friends, neighbors and my wonderful girlfriend, I WILL be at Dragon Con and the costumes WILL be ready in time. With that said, here is my latest progress update.

Progress Day ... er,.. What day is today?
Having no electricity makes prop making a real pain in the ass. Most of the progress done to these since the last update photo was accomplished using nothing but scissors, sandpaper and spray adhesive. (3M Super 77) It's hard for me to estimate the time I put in on them since the last posing. Most of the time I was too exhausted to get much real progress done. Mostly I just fiddled with them to try and keep my sanity during everything.

Still some detailing and coloring to do on them but the body's are pretty much finished. They are not as accurate as I would have liked, but with no electricity I had no access to my reference images. The only thing I had to work off of was the original rough diagram I sketched to make the base patterns and my memory.

Thanks for posting the reference photos Volpin, I can use them to see how inaccurate mine really are now. lol

dsc01965a.jpg

dsc01961a.jpg

im looking at those pics to the ones you posted before and my mind boggles at how theyve been built.
And with everything thats happened to you recently..my mind boggles even more at how brilliant these are. :eek:eek:eek :confused

Nice to see you back on the boards and doing good. For someone with no power and having to improvise, Im still floored at the level of craftsmanship...utterly astounding.

Check your pm box bro!

I wanted to point out something that has just come to my attention. The original pattern piece that I sketched out was based on Volpins diagram for his N8 build. (you should check it out if you haven't yet, it's looking gorgeous) I thought it was just a stock image he had found online and was using for his build but it turns out that he himself created the amazing diagram I modeled from. Thus I owe him a huge thanks for creating and posting it.

Just want to give a shout out to thank you for all the fantastic documentation you've been doing on this project - I've decided to attempt my own and hopefully have it done (probably MUCH rougher than yours) by DC as well. Hopefully we can have a Shepard dance-off!

Awesome work as always, I check your page feverishly for updates daily.

4910600718_2bc97e0b71_b.jpg

I have to say because of this and one other thread, I have started to do Ironman armor out of this type of foam. Thanks!!!!!!!

M8 Rifles are almost complete now. Only going to do a little more detail paint work on these, then seal them and call 'em finished. I've spent all the time I can afford on the guns and need to move back to completing the costumes.

dsc01981a.jpg

Absolutely amazing work, compounded by powering through adversity. WELL DONE! Can't wait to see pics of the completed suits at D*C :)
Jesse

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back