MR Falcon

That's the factory paintjob alright.

Dean had painted one for display at Comic Con (a beautiful job, as always) but last Thursday the factory version arrived and we were stunned. Not only is it on the base at the angle we wanted, the paint job is amazingly close to Dean's paint master. After the happy dance, we decided this had to be the one on display, since it more accurately depicts what you'll get for your money.

As for accuracy...It's very, Very, VERY close to original. This thing is awesome. Frank and Moe, Larry and Bryan and Dean did a heck of a job on this bird, not to forget the incredible team of model makers in China who built this baby.

Way to go guys.

Barry

PS The Enterprise does not have lones on the hull in the production version. We tried to see if we could get extremely thin lines on the saucer to assist with the painting of the piece, but it wasn't possible to get them as small as we desired. The only reason they're on the piece that is on display at Comic Con, is because this is the latest lit, and painted engineering sample, with the correct tan weathering on the saucer.

BTW.. aside from something interesting catching my eye about the rear in another pic I viewed... the Falcon came out awesome. It must be a camera angle thing that my eyes are tripping on. wierd.

Now,... when, when, WHEN? :confused :D

I am definitely there with the rest of the masses. :p

The factory Comic Con Millennium Falcon.

Barry

FALCON14.jpg

I just got this message from MR

$2199

Collectors Society On Sale:
July 25, 2006
( 9:00 am Pacific Time)

General Public On Sale Date:
July 27, 2006
(9:00 am Pacific Time)

Expected to Begin Shipping:
Late Winter
He's flown from one side of the galaxy to the other and seen a lot of strange things but Han Solo has never seen a replica of his famous starship like this...

Collaborating with Lucasfilm, team Master Replicas utilized digital scans from the actual special effects miniature, Falcon experts with years of research knowledge, and master model makers using hundreds of original model kit parts to produce a replica so jaw-droppingly amazing, you'd think you could climb onboard and elude any number of Imperial entanglements.

Destined to become the centerpiece of any fan's collection, our extraordinary Millennium Falcon Studio Scale replica measures an unbelievable 32" x 24" x 6" (an exact copy of the filming miniature), and features -

Dimensions and geometry taken from the actual studio miniature
Internal metal armature to ensure long term structural integrity
Quality resin and injection molded ABS construction
Authentic surface details replicating the hundreds of model kit parts used on the original miniature
Illuminating headlights, cockpit detail, and engine effect
Authentic battle worn and weathered paint scheme
Universal AC Power Adapter (USA plug)
Museum quality display stand with mirrored case
Prop story, numbered plaque and Certificate of Authenticity
Limited to only 1500 pieces worldwide
But be quick, the Studio Scale replica Star Wars fans have dreamed of can make point five past lightspeed. Order yours today, fair and square, and avoid playing a heated sabacc game to get your hands on this beauty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first time ever Harrison Ford has agreed to add his signature to a licensed Star Wars product and Master Replicas is proud to announce that it's our spectacular Millennium Falcon Studio Scale replica.
Yes, order your Signature Edition of the Millennium Falcon Studio Scale replica and receive our sensational replica accompanied by a special plaque signed by the world famous actor who portrayed her legendary captain, Han Solo.

With a low edition size of only 500 pieces, this Signature Edition is sure to become one of the most sought after Star Wars collectibles of all time.
$2799

Collectors Society On Sale:
July 25, 2006

General Public On Sale Date:
July 27, 2006

Expected to Begin Shipping:
Late Winter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your crew at Master Replicas.

www.masterreplicas.com or call 1-866-REPLIKA
To unsubscribe, click here

<div class='quotetop'>(szarchie @ Jul 20 2006, 07:17 AM) [snapback]1284312[/snapback]</div>
Falcon was on display at the Comic Con. It will be $2199 and should be available for preorder in Aug. Looks amazing and is huge.

Cheers

Archie
[/b]

Yes and $2.799 for the Signature Edition :eek :cry

Not suprised but out of my price range :cry

Really was hoping MR would have had a payment plan in place for this one.

Jim

That's more than I am willing to pay. I wish the Enterprise and the Falcon were being released a little farther apart and the Falcon was a little cheaper. Oh well.

Even Though this piece looks awesome, i just can not live with the idea of paying over 2K for a replica which is missing the bottom laser turrets :( I really wish MR did this with bottom laser turrets and landing gear..
Anyway, maybe thats another plan they are saving for 2008 or 2009.. MF ROTJ replica in landing gear.. I just can not spend 2K on an "incomplete" replica :(

so does that mean 1500+500signature version=2000 total
or is the 500 signature part of the 1500 total ?? :p

now where to get that much of a bundle of cash ..... :eek :eek

Xeno

Did the 32" model ever have landing gear and a lower gun? I don't seem to recall ever seeing a photo of this studio model with landing gear. I know the 5 footer was modified from ANH to have the extra landing gears required in ESB, and it looks to me that every scene with the landing gear is shot with the 5 foot model (or the studio 1:1 scale set).

If someone can supply images that clearly show the 32" model with landing gear, I will retract. :)

It's impossible to have a 100% correct replica. There are parts on the MR falcon that are not exact copies of the kit bashed parts from the original, so what. There are some pieces that don't seem to be quite the right size (big whoop) and I know of at least 1 greebly that is definately missing on the MR falcon (I'm sure there are others).

But it's a beautiful piece. I think that's what the hobby is really about. The pursuit of perfection can only lead to insanity. Be happy with what you can get. Or else make one from scratch...I guarantee the time it takes to make one from scratch is worth more to you than $2K. I've been working on my Fine Molds Kit for almost 2 months now and the hours I've spent are worth more than MR is charging for a great studio scale replica. And my falcon will not be near as accurate as theirs. But, I still love my imperfect ship.

I never said the SS had the bottom laser turrets or landing gear.. all i am saying is that you are making an SS worth 2K, and why make it incomplete? :( there are thousands of different ways to mount it or hang it despite the wiring for the lights..i mean they could have done much more innovative stuff for the wiring :(

Cool.... :)
Nice to see that my efford has paid off. (Just hope they don't forget to ship one here)
As far as kit parts,... I would say it's 99% accurate, there are some of the parts that has not yet been ID'ed and therefore had to be scratched. Also, some area's of the ship is very hard to take a decent picture of, so minor details might not be there. BUT, it's still VERY close to the original, and is an AWESOME replica which I can't wait to get.
So I really hope you guys love it:)

Though it's a pricey piece, it is without a doubt AWESOME... It's not going to be in everyones reach, namely mine, but my hat's off to MR and all involved for pulling this one off. I'd like to see one in person at some point but I can live with having my FM Flacon to keep me warm at night. :lol

Great job, guys.
-B89. :D

<div class='quotetop'>(thorskywalker @ Jul 20 2006, 08:16 PM) [snapback]1284677[/snapback]</div>
I never said the SS had the bottom laser turrets or landing gear.. all i am saying is that you are making an SS worth 2K, and why make it incomplete? :( there are thousands of different ways to mount it or hang it despite the wiring for the lights..i mean they could have done much more innovative stuff for the wiring :(
[/b]

WOW...not to bust your balls...it is far from incomplete...a fraction of the turret window and gun is missing from the underside. As for the landing gear...this was a small part of the Falcon in the films...what they created is an accurate filming miniature, IT LOOKS THE PART.

SO....all the scanning of the screen used, original parts find from Frank and Moe, my involvement with the paint makes it incomplete? Save you money and build your own :D

It is not a toy... It is a high end replica that has had more research than any other replica out there I believe.

The amount of parts involved to make it is amazing...the metal structure makes it solid and it will last forever.

Lastly...all of us involved were sooooooo ANAL about the details we were making ourselves crazy or at least MR was making me CRAZY... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Barry...my buddy :love ...actually said to me...make the Falcon look like it did in it prime before 20 years of age and dust went on it.... :eek Thats how passionate MR is about this Falcon......

If the Falcon was crap...I would say so...I have been paid by MR and have no other involvement with them right now...this thing is an amazing achievement...

Dean

just couldn't keep myself from having a real close look :)
and the cockpit erea needs some shaping up though :lol

it looks like printed film, that doesn't seem to fit right, but
only seen in extreme close up.

and I can imagine someone here making scale figures
for the cockpit, it looks a little empty :lol

Xeno

IMG_0065.JPG

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back