MR TOS Enterprise - new pics

ohlord...

the nacelles are WONDERFUL.... I hate to admit that I'm not an expert on the colour scheme... heck, I just drive the ship... ;) but it looks damn cool to me.

Those grid lines, though.... SO severe... I know it's just the prototype.... but....

all in all... it looks AMAZING... and I can't WAIT to drool over it in person...

thanks so much for posting all that...
-r.

I am told the nacelle lighting effect at Comic Con is not the final intended effect. The LEDs at Comic Con are fullsize, 5mm or whatever they are, huge. The correct circuit is supposed to have 15 surface-mount LEDs. I'm also told that the fanblades will not meet in the middle in the final.

While it wasn't discussed, I'd like to lobby for the "white" lights on the model (saucer domes, windows, etc) to be achieved with a "warmer" incandescent-colored white LED... the lights right now are blue-tinted.

- k

More pix for the bonfire....

DSC03539.jpg

DSC03546.jpg

DSC03817.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

Yeah, those grid lines do suck. I'm glad they're getting changed.

Whats with the little booger on the bottom dome????
[image]http://homepage.mac.com/ktate/extra/DSC03546.jpg[/image]
Lynn

I think it's supposed to be thePhaserCannon. Unobtainium had it on theirs too.I'd love to see areference photo showing this on the original.

Actually that thing is supposed to be a "photon torpedo emitter" I think. Well Unobtainium and MR now apparently are CERTAIN that thing is really there, so I guess it must be. :lol

I never found such a structure in my own research... there's a fixture higher up in that big closeup in "Let that be your last battlefield", but I don't have my pics handy right now.

What ever it is, it looks poised to break off when you take the thing out of the box. :rolleyes

- k

Phase Pistol, You're right on about that interior lighting. Even yellow LED's have a cold look to them. Perhaps some kind of tint applied to the windows could provide that incandescent look. Even if MR can't make that tweak, it's still a dynamite model. I've ordered mine already.

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jul 21 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1285114[/snapback]</div>
Actually that thing is supposed to be a "photon torpedo emitter" I think. Well Unobtainium and MR now apparently are CERTAIN that thing is really there, so I guess it must be. :lol

I never found such a structure in my own research... there's a fixture higher up in that big closeup in "Let that be your last battlefield", but I don't have my pics handy right now.

What ever it is, it looks poised to break off when you take the thing out of the box. :rolleyes

- k
[/b]

Well if it doesn't break off I might just have to accidently clip it off. Even if it was on the original it looks pretty goofy.

<div class='quotetop'>(The Watchman @ Jul 21 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]1285129[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jul 21 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1285114[/snapback]

- k
[/b]

Well if it doesn't break off I might just have to accidently clip it off. Even if it was on the original it looks pretty goofy.
[/b][/quote]

The tip on the bottom of the phaser dome was on the model. It's actually a bulb that sticks out with a tinted red tip. It mostly disappears possibly due to the lack of resolution in the matte work back then. But it was definitely there. :)

Barry

There was a super-sharp close-up photo that showed this detail quite clearly. Though it was in B&W, we were told the tip was red. I don't recall where it was posted, but it was online somewhere. You guys never saw that???

My God those Nacelles, Final or not they are absolutely breathtaking. One of the prettiest things I've ever seen.

I have to say that if those grid lines are toned way down and the lights tweaked a little this is going to be one slick looking model. I will withhold judgment on the dangling thingy until I see mine in person. It looks pretty easy to remove if it bothers me.

<div class='quotetop'>(The Watchman @ Jul 21 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]1285353[/snapback]</div>
I have to say that if those grid lines are toned way down and the lights tweaked a little this is going to be one slick looking model. I will withhold judgment on the dangling thingy until I see mine in person. It looks pretty easy to remove if it bothers me.
[/b]

You dont really notice it unless your looking for it really. There is so many dazzling distractions. blinky lights, spinny warp effect thingy. ooooohhhh.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back