MR TOS Enterprise - new pics

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by rhboyd, Jun 16, 2006.

1. rhboyd

rhboyd Well-Known Member

Hey all... I got these pics from the comic store I do graphics work for, and since I was never told if they were confidentail or not, I thought I'd share. If there's any problems, let me know and I'll take 'em down... but for now.....

This first shot looks like it has some image manipulation artifacts all over it... weird... but...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pretty.... so very pretty.....

cheers,
    -r.

2. rad1701

rad1701 Sr Member

Thanks RH. Yes, those are very pretty shots of the big E. I'm weeping here now it's so beautiful.

3. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

Rob, are those pics or CG renders of the model?

4. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(Bryancd @ Jun 16 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]1262664[/snapback]</div>

If it is, they put in the decal film on the bottom registry markings of the saucer.

We have yet to see a recent pic of her lit up though.

5. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm going to guess those are CG renderings. In several shots there's nothing supporting the model. Also those look like Lightwave shadows.

Orthographic photos of the physical paint master could have been used as texture maps.

- k

6. NEKROFANATIC

NEKROFANATIC Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

plus,. the bottom shot doesn't show a hole for the stand upright even tho' the stand is 'shown' in 2 of the pics... ;)

7. rhboyd

rhboyd Well-Known Member

Hey guys... these are product shots. That being said, they ahve been photoshopped a bit for presentation sake, I assume. Someone blacked in the backgrounds... and probably painted out the support stand in some pics... but pictures they are... used to sell the product to stores. That's where I got 'em.

...and it's Ron.. not Rob. ;)

-r.

8. CessnaDriver

ugh, the pics are just making the wait worse.
    Glad Im building an X-wing model to occupy my spacecraft obsessions in the mean time.

9. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>(rhboyd @ Jun 16 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]1262711[/snapback]</div>

Sorry Rich....uh Ron :p

10. rhboyd

rhboyd Well-Known Member

:lol

:p

-r.

11. REL

REL Sr Member

Even though this is my least favorite Enteprise (ducks) the job MR and John Eaves has done on it made me change my mind and I'll definitely be getting one.

12. Roger Ramjet

Roger Ramjet Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(rhboyd @ Jun 16 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback]1262755[/snapback]</div>
    Well, whoever you are, thanks for the pics.... :D

Roger

13. Archie Opteryx

Archie Opteryx Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(REL @ Jun 16 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]1262785[/snapback]</div>
    *throw's tomato*

14. Mola Rob

Mola Rob Sr Member

I can't wait to see video of this all lit up with the motors spinning like crazy.

- Rob

...a tomato just went by my window.

15. Blackbirdcd

Blackbirdcd Well-Known Member

Looks a lot like the prototype they had on display at Wonderfest a few weeks ago. In some of the shots above you can even see the shine from the decal carrier film around the NCC numbers (look at the shots under the saucer). Even if these shots are CG (and it could be, considering they used a 3D model in the development), the prototype looks a lot like it.

The trick will be to see if their production run has the same paint job as the prototype. The Prototype was built up and painted as you would a standard model. I doubt the final run will be nearly as polished (which is again why I think they should release this as a kit).

16. yt

yt Sr Member

Thanks for the pics.

17. phase pistol

Aw man. Here's the latest photo from the plant in China. :cry

[​IMG]

:angel

18. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

LOL @ phase pistol

VADER: NOoOOOOOooooooooo

19. CessnaDriver

<div class='quotetop'>(Mechinyun @ Jun 16 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]1263039[/snapback]</div>

They should have specified something more then "spinny warp effect thingys".

20. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Is it my imagination or are the "windows" all inset a little bit.

Can't say I care for that. I could be seeing things.

21. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jun 17 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]1263035[/snapback]</div>
    :lol

You even got the blades on the nacelles angled in opposite directions. :thumbsup

22. Vaderman

Vaderman Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(micdavis @ Jun 18 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]1263667[/snapback]</div>
    That looks like a great model, though what's with the little "pencil lines" on the front ends of the nacelles?

It DOES look like many of the details are etched into the plastic, which gives it a nice look.

23. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(micdavis @ Jun 18 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1263667[/snapback]</div>
    Looks that way to me, too. Seems to work against the sense of scale.

24. eFXBarry

eFXBarry Well-Known Member

The windows in that pre-production piece are recessed. They will not be on the production units.

The model is molded in clear plastic, painted, then the windows are laser cut into the paintwork which gives you nice, almost flush (apart from the depth of the paint) windows.

Barry

25. phase pistol

<div class='quotetop'>(Vaderman @ Jun 21 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]1265202[/snapback]</div>
    The "pencil lines" are actually a spinning internal structure which is usually called "fan blades".

However unlike on the MR prototype the fan blades should not meet in the middle... (for this reason we think the "blades" might be lines drawn on a clear inner dome)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks Barry...that sounds like the perfect approach.

27. Vaderman

Vaderman Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jun 21 2006, 05:05 PM) [snapback]1265458[/snapback]</div>
    The "pencil lines" are actually a spinning internal structure which is usually called "fan blades".

However unlike on the MR prototype the fan blades should not meet in the middle... (for this reason we think the "blades" might be lines drawn on a clear inner dome)...
    [/b][/quote]

Right, I understand what the nacelle tip is supposed to look like, just that those lines look like they are on the outside of the domes.
    And, as you say, they are connected.

After hearing about the casting and laser engraving process for the windows, I would expect that this, too, is an artifact that will look different when it is in actual production.

By the way, nice frame grabs.

This looks like it's going to be a very sweet display.

Anyone have more info on release date or price? (Maybe it was posted already and I just missed it - if so, my apologies.)

28. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(Vaderman @ Jun 22 2006, 05:42 PM) [snapback]1265728[/snapback]</div>
    Master Replicas: Studio Scale U.S.S. Enterprise

29. Vaderman

Vaderman Sr Member

D'oh.

:$

Thanks.

30. phez

phez Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jun 17 2006, 01:20 AM) [snapback]1263035[/snapback]</div>
    :p :lol :lol

31. BrianM

BrianM Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:lol NOW :lol that :lol is :lol funny :lol

32. BB43MAN

BB43MAN Well-Known Member

I take your spinning fan blades and trump you. :lol

33. Master Propmaker

Master Propmaker New Member

Gee, That really looks like the old Unobtainium model, right down to the nacelle struts and detail. Hmmmmmmm.........

34. Jedi Dade

Jedi Dade Sr Member

I threw down the credit card and pre-ordered it direct from MR. Its too cool not to ;) Now if we can get a price range on the falcon... :love

Jedi Dade

35. Dymerski

Dymerski Well-Known Member

I was going to get the new FN FS2000 rifle...canceled it for the Enterprise....call me crazy. I just love her toooo much.

36. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Dymerski @ Jun 29 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1270962[/snapback]</div>
    LOL...the 45mm or the 28mm? :confused

I think you picked a good choice to get the ENT instead. Besides,.. the waiting list for that rifle must be HUGE. ;)

The 1701 is kind of a legendary dream made physical and more readily available anyway. Let's just hope it turns out well. :p

37. Master Propmaker

Master Propmaker New Member

But it still looks great. And the price is much better than Unobtainiums.

Wish I had the bucks.......

38. spidey2

spidey2 New Member

pre-ordered one myself from giftlandhobby a nice xmass surprise in the wait well im hoping its a good surprise lol never know with MR :eek
    Cheers..

39. mtpalin

mtpalin Well-Known Member

All I need is a tall ship and a star to steer her by... That and a grand or two :lol

40. Commander Max

Commander Max Sr Member

False Alarm

41. QuasiOdo

QuasiOdo Well-Known Member

Good point, Phase. The "fan blades" should NOT meet in the middle, as your caps depict.
    Hope they're on this. Nevertheless, I find I'm wanting one... BADLY.

42. CessnaDriver

Hoping to see this in the flesh at San Diego Comicon with the nacelle lighting.
    Will be taking camera.

43. yt

yt Sr Member

44. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

My MR email states "expected to ship winter 2006"

45. CessnaDriver

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Jul 19 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]1284169[/snapback]</div>

I sure hope so. But I am mentally preparing myself for March 07 just in case.

46. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Sr Member

I took a bunch of pics today at Con, will post them tomorrow evening. Took some video of the lights too...

47. rhboyd

rhboyd Well-Known Member

alright...

Can't wait to see 'em...

thanks,
    -r.

48. Mola Rob

Mola Rob Sr Member

There are some pics here Rebelscum

I hope some of those grid lines will be going away. :(

49. Kuhn Global

Kuhn Global Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(The Watchman @ Jul 20 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]1284494[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting that the grid lines weren't shown on the early paint masteer pics that were released.

50. phase pistol

Hey what's with the "delta shield" stand...

I thought it was going to be a half dome or something. :(

- k