The Avengers cast assembled

the_eli

I am very excited to finally be able to talk about this but my buddy Jeremy Renner, who we also share the same high school is in final negotiations to play Clint Barton / Hawkeye.

Chris Evans also to play The First Avenger: Captain America.

1.) He was one of the few standouts in the otherwise forgettable 28 Weeks Later.

2.) Tell him I can't keep him and Steven Petrarca straight. ;)

3.) Congrats on the Oscar nom (even if the Oscars are otherwise bull****).

4.) Still haven't seen The Hurt Locker, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

5.) He seems a good choice for Hawkeye.

6.) WTF? Hawkeye is in The Avengers?! Hope it's more than a bit part.

1.)... WTF? Hawkeye is in The Avengers?! Hope it's more than a bit part.

Hawkeye joined the Avengers in issue 16 (in 1965) has been one of the more regular members since so I don't think it is that strange a call.
I have always thought he was one of the better members and I am glad to see him on screen (much rather see him as a part of the team then either of the original members Ant-man or Wasp)

I am very excited to finally be able to talk about this but my buddy Jeremy Renner, who we also share the same high school is in final negotiations to play Clint Barton / Hawkeye.

Chris Evans also to play The First Avenger: Captain America.

You lived in Mo'town? Living in Stockton, I bounced from there to Sac on weekends.

Jeremy is THE most down to earth guy you will ever meet. He is so great. When he got the nomination, he was like, 'how much do you think those gold men go for?' :lol

Jeremy is THE most down to earth guy you will ever meet. He is so great. When he got the nomination, he was like, 'how much do you think those gold men go for?' :lol

Tell him congrats but the gold men are worthless. The Oscar is not personal property of the winner, they are on loan (basically). If a winner wants to get rid of the Oscar they are required to offer it to the academy for $1. They can not be sold.

We know that silly. I'm just saying he is a real chill guy and didn't get to his head but that's weird that you say that because they sold Katherine Hepburns Oscar at Sothebys after she passed as well as other statues

You guys know as well as I do that there's only ONE Hawkeye
Mash-Alan-Alda.jpg

Jet Beetle is mistaken.
Alan Alda was never one of the Avengers.
Patrick MacNee, Honor Blackman, Diana Rigg and others were part of the Avengers.;)

Wolf

We know that silly. I'm just saying he is a real chill guy and didn't get to his head but that's weird that you say that because they sold Katherine Hepburns Oscar at Sothebys after she passed as well as other statues

It is a new rule that the Oscars placed on the awards several decades ago. I am not sure what year the new rule applies too.

Basically, katherine hepburns oscar was won before the rule was placed so they were allowed to sell it..

Hawkeye joined the Avengers in issue 16 (in 1965) has been one of the more regular members since so I don't think it is that strange a call.
I have always thought he was one of the better members and I am glad to see him on screen (much rather see him as a part of the team then either of the original members Ant-man or Wasp)

I know he was in the West Coast Avengers for a long time. I thought he was only a periodic member in the Avengers, and was more involved with The Defenders. Regardless, I hope Jeremy's contract includes points on the merchandising.

Renner seems like a solid choice though I wish they'd just stick with fewer characters for the first movie. Just having the Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America would be plenty enough for the first Avengers flick IMHO. I'm just scared of seeing another X3 debacle...

I always pictured jensen ackles as a hawkeye, but renner seems like a good choice as well...he is a good actor..great in 28 days later

imdb has channing tatum as steve rogers? haha I guess they havent updated...Plus, I highly doubt norton will be the hulk in this..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/

Ed Norton already said that he will do another run as Banner. Actually, he even reaffirmed this a few weeks ago.

I know he was in the West Coast Avengers for a long time. I thought he was only a periodic member in the Avengers, and was more involved with The Defenders.

Much of the time I actually preferred the West Coast Avengers comic but he has been in about 500 regular Avengers comic issues including Avengers #16-109, 114-402, 500-503, Avengers Vol. 3 #0-84, Avengers Vol. 4 #1-present.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back