"Enterprise" Shutlepod

Hey, I'm gonna post this on two threads, so sorry about the double dipping, but we're having a sale this weekend (no really cool props or costumes, but inexpensive off the rack stuff).

We're gonna roll out the Shuttlepod and open up the museum, so if you're in the neighborhood, be sure to swing by and say Howdy.

Here's a link with the details...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/for/1636198260.html

Let me know if you can make it!

Steve

Wow...having Doug Drexler and Mike Okuda involved in the restoration is about as good as it gets! I'm glad that the pod is in generally good condition and hopefully won't be lost forever like Galileo.

Here is an exterior panel from one.

shuttlepanel.jpg

Is that what this is?

Wonder what this would get on EBAY....

Hey all!

Just a quick update...

Been working with Mike and the Paramount sign shop to replicate the replacement control panels for the Pod. I'm swinging by the studio on Tuesday or Wednesday to pick them up, and hopefully the week after Mike and Doug will be out here to help me get the old girl back together.

Mike's wife Denise dropped off the joystick last week, so that needs to be painted up and have the base built, and I've got a few HUNDRED gray and white sticky-feet buttons to attach when I get the panels.

I'm going to be doing some video blogs during the restoration, so we'll be posting plenty of pics and vids by the end of the month.

We're even talking about having a "roll out" ceremony/party when she's done, so if you're in the area, maybe you can stop by!

That's awesome!! Glad to hear you are getting her back to how she appeared in her glory days. It would sicken me to think that the fate of the Galileo would be allowed to happen again. Looking forward to updates and PHOTOS!!!!

Last edited:
When I can't link to shuttlepod1 website I thought the project was dead. I'm glad to find out the pod is now fully restored, and hope it'll find a good home (it belongs to a museum!).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back