"Enterprise" Shutlepod

Sorry for the bad pics, was dark. This was before the show had aired so everything should be in very new condition. As you can see, the thing was open ended for filming and either a false back, green screen or actual rear attached for later use.

2qst92x.jpg

sxlz7q.jpg

2mwwmzd.jpg

The actual set piece was split into a front and rear section and could be "opened up" for shooting. The entire interior was finished in both halves.

Most of the buttons and keypads on Enterprise were "LRFs" or "Little Rubber Feet" :) The sticky peel off type you put on the bottom of things. They worked amazingly well, were cheap, quick to apply and look right. Decals were then stuck onto. I used the same method on a couple of sets and it's great and fast!

The seat looks like an off the shelf model. I'd be surprised if it was custom.

L

Soooooo many keypads

seat is a Porsche GT3 seat, recaro sells them without the Porsche emblem, they were a bit over a grand but now with the exchange rate probably more

Ah, so THAT's where the Pod 2 cockpit went! I wonder where he bought the tail section...

I work for a company called The Hollywood Studio Collection out in Northridge (formerly Backlot Props) and we've got Pod 1 out in it's own little doghouse in the back.

I'm looking into restoring our cockpit (still has the built-in Nav display,) but all the rest and I mean ALL, of he other panels have been stripped.

The pics from Robstyle are great, but I'm gonna have to scour the episodes where it was used and dig to find some schematics or other production photos.

If anybody comes across anything, keep me in mind, and I'll post progress pics if we move ahead with the restoration.

Steve

Hey Steve,

Would it be possible to post photos of the current condition of Pod 1? I would be interested in seeing what condition it's in now (inside and out). It would be a crime to have these fall into disrepair and disposal as did the original "Galileo."

Will

Oh, don't worry. We custom-built a shuttlebay-shed around it to keep it out of the elements, and we've already restored the Nav panel lighting, the overhead interior domes (hard-wired touch lights) and the engines (florescent fixtures).

Our photographer is out the rest of the week, and all the good pics are on her computer, but I'll dig around and see if I can find anything between now and then.

Seeing what happened to the Galileo, rusting away for years and now gone forever, makes me think of the Falcon set pieces ripped apart and laying in a dump (after ESB filming)
:cry

I work for a company called The Hollywood Studio Collection out in Northridge (formerly Backlot Props) and we've got Pod 1 out in it's own little doghouse in the back.

I'm looking into restoring our cockpit (still has the built-in Nav display,) but all the rest and I mean ALL, of he other panels have been stripped.

The pics from Robstyle are great, but I'm gonna have to scour the episodes where it was used and dig to find some schematics or other production photos.

If anybody comes across anything, keep me in mind, and I'll post progress pics if we move ahead with the restoration.

Steve

Is THIS of any help?
From Doug Drexlers blog.
Read through the comments as well. Mike Okuda chimes in.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back