"Enterprise" Shutlepod

You know, you're right! I'm actually in mid-season 4 streaming via Netflix. It was a good show and you've got an awesome piece to remember it by!

Lucky guy you are, TPC! Loved Enterprise and I think it's really cool that you've got such a great set piece. Read through the whole thread here and I'm just blown away by how it went from being mostly gutted to complete with the help of Mike Okuda himself!

So... have you slept in it yet? :D

Now that's one thing I have not done yet ! LOL
Hmmmmmm............. :) :) :)

Lucky guy you are, TPC! Loved Enterprise and I think it's really cool that you've got such a great set piece. Read through the whole thread here and I'm just blown away by how it went from being mostly gutted to complete with the help of Mike Okuda himself!

So... have you slept in it yet? :D

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm.............

LOL - hang a star field curtain around it, power up the lights inside, add some background technical noises, get some military ration packs and you'd be set for a full experience...until 1) your wife gets home, or 2) you have to use the bathroom!!

:lol

You guys are too funny. But something tells me that it would take a veeery special woman to role play like that.

My dream is to own an A-Team van replica (of the original), all my fiancee cares about is if I'd let her drive it or not!!! Beyond that, I'd assume she'd just ignore me as I sat in the driver set humming the A-team theme in the middle of the night!!

Oh, don't worry. We custom-built a shuttlebay-shed around it to keep it out of the elements, and we've already restored the Nav panel lighting, the overhead interior domes (hard-wired touch lights) and the engines (florescent fixtures).

Our photographer is out the rest of the week, and all the good pics are on her computer, but I'll dig around and see if I can find anything between now and then.
Do you know if the frame was 1" x 1" or 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" Square mild steel tubing?

Together with the rear section. In the old gallery pics, both were clearly visible. I see the shuttle is not featured anymore in the latest gallery.

http://www.filmwelt-center.com/ausstellung_galerie.php
Any pictures, the gallery no longer works? I am building a Shuttlepod and need much of the information.
I have hundred of hours of research and know where/what a lot of the parts are manufactured. But need
frame and measurement details. I saw the raw Shuttlepod frame on the making in the DVD full series collection, but that's it.
Any help or collaboration would be helpful.

Any pictures, the gallery no longer works? I am building a Shuttlepod and need much of the information.
I have hundred of hours of research and know where/what a lot of the parts are manufactured. But need
frame and measurement details. I saw the raw Shuttlepod frame on the making in the DVD full series collection, but that's it.
Any help or collaboration would be helpful.
That's a blast from the past.
No, i didn't save the pictures. But you could contact Martin Netter / Filmwelt who owned it at that point in time, and maybe he can give you some dims. With your research, i take it you have the overall dims from the original Christies Auction listing where the Filmwelt shuttle (split Cockpit and Rear set) was put up for sale.
There's an overall rough dim for the Profiles In History sale for the other shuttle.
Have you contacted Mike Okuda or Doug Drexler ?
Good luck with your project
W.

Also iirc Propworx sold a set of Shuttlepod production blueprints, either through their Trek auctions or through their later ebay account a few years back. Cannot find them yet, but have a look around.

Oh, don't worry. We custom-built a shuttlebay-shed around it to keep it out of the elements, and we've already restored the Nav panel lighting, the overhead interior domes (hard-wired touch lights) and the engines (florescent fixtures).

Our photographer is out the rest of the week, and all the good pics are on her computer, but I'll dig around and see if I can find anything between now and then.
Do you know what brand the 16 touch dome lights are and where to buy?
That's a blast from the past.
No, i didn't save the pictures. But you could contact Martin Netter / Filmwelt who owned it at that point in time, and maybe he can give you some dims. With your research, i take it you have the overall dims from the original Christies Auction listing where the Filmwelt shuttle (split Cockpit and Rear set) was put up for sale.
There's an overall rough dim for the Profiles In History sale for the other shuttle.
Have you contacted Mike Okuda or Doug Drexler ?
Good luck with your project
W.
Thank you for the info!
Where would I contact Doug Drexler?
I contacted Mike Okuda but he didn't want to help.
Hmmmmmm............. :) :) :)
Yes they are.
Do you know what these are in the Shuttlepod? I have them circled in the picture?

Attachments

• InkedStar-Trek-Sammler-Martin-Netter-2_LI.jpg
    InkedStar-Trek-Sammler-Martin-Netter-2_LI.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 99
Do you know if the frame was 1" x 1" or 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" Square mild steel tubing?

Sorry, I wish I could be more help, but I never worked on the Shuttlepod structurally, just cosmetically. I never had access to any blueprints or documentation about the construction. :\

Sorry, I wish I could be more help, but I never worked on the Shuttlepod structurally, just cosmetically. I never had access to any blueprints or documentation about the construction. :\
I thought maybe you had to take measurements... Just cosmetically ,what did you do?

I thought maybe you had to take measurements... Just cosmetically ,what did you do?

When this was purchased, the interior controls and monitors were completely stripped out. I cleaned the interior, replicated the control panels, did all the detailing on them, and redressed the entire interior.

I didn't do anything electrically, either, but I do remember the dome lights, NAV panel and exterior engine lights were all wired to just plug in and go.

I don't remember if these video were shared on this thread, but here's a couple of looks inside and out during the restoration.

When this was purchased, the interior controls and monitors were completely stripped out. I cleaned the interior, replicated the control panels, did all the detailing on them, and redressed the entire interior.

I didn't do anything electrically, either, but I do remember the dome lights, NAV panel and exterior engine lights were all wired to just plug in and go.

I don't remember if these video were shared on this thread, but here's a couple of looks inside and out during the restoration.

can you replicate all the control panels again? I need a complete set.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back