1:1 Jack Skellington

xmart

I'm thinking of building a life-size Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas, but I have some doubts about scaling and height.
When we compare him to heights of real-world Christmas kids in the movie, how tall do you think we should build him?

I know Disney Direct has made one life-size Jack for the 3-D re-release of the movie few years back, that was around 7'feet tall, but it always looked kinda "off" to me. Ceiling height in no concern in this project since it'll be articulated.

Well, can we assume Sally (being cobbled together from human parts) is roughly regular-human-sized? In relation to her, Jack isn't as bizarrely tall as he seems compared to nearly everyone else, since so many of the characters are squat and small. But if you make the statue too short, it might ruin the effect. The wide range of proportions in the movie makes it kind of difficult to translate to the real world.

Personally...I think he would look good somewhere around six and a half feet.

What are ya' talkin' about? You look nothin' like him! :lol

:lol

Jack003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always felt that the dwarfingly large Jack's felt unnatural. Even the Haunted Mansion versions seemed too large.

Six and a half feet would seem to be a good compromise.

Great project!

The one I made for our yard display is about 8' tall.

He seems to be okay in scale.

I'll try to dig out a picture.

David

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back