Han and Chewie pilot figures for MR Falcon - COMPLETE!

Sorry I have done nothing new on the figures. I have tried to make a cockit console and chairs so I dont screw up the size but need confirmation. And could someone confirm the MR cockpit floor is flat! no different levels. This can make a difference if I make c3-PO standing because in the movies he is standing on the lower 3rd floor of the set. If its flat he too will need to be seated.

Qrest Fourstar, you got the console and chairs kit, can you measure them for me please.

I did PM a while ago, but?

PS: What happend to the new run Chris, is it still on?

Thanks in advance

Ozzy

there is no new run guys. the moulds aren't in good enough condition and the sculptor isn't keen to sculpt another set.

if someone else wants to step up and help pls come.

till then Oz is our only hope.

Sorry guys - I thought I'd emailed everyone who had expressed an interest.

tnaig001 is correct - the run didn't go ahead because of the condition of the molds.

However, if someone wants to contact Cyberman and work out a deal to pay for the Silicone to create new molds, there may be a possibility that he can do them. He did tell me that he'd be looking for a minimum order of 20 pilot sets to make it worth his while because there is a lot of "waste" that occurs due to airbubbles etc. For every 3 castings he did on the last run, he said that only 1 set was usable.

Cyberman is here on the forum so if anyone wants to speak with him about it directly, please just send him a PM.

Chris

hey chris. thanks for chiming in. I did pm cyberman and enquire about how much the silicon would run.

I'm happy to chip in for that but didn't get a reply.

Hi guys,

I made up a styrene and paper cockpit based on some measurments that I was given, and incorporating the sized Chris gave me. I have done a bit on each figure, but all still WIP. Have not even attempted Chewy. Cybermans Chewy, is outstanding and would be difficult to even come close to.

Anyway here are a few pics. I would still like some more measurments of the actual chairs and console if someone can figure it out. I would hate to get these done and find out they will not fit.

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

So C3-PO standing like in the stills or sitting???

Ozzy

Ok I will start on Chewy tomorow night. And concentrate on those two first, Anyone else want to have a go at it? we could turn it into a group build. LOL

Catch ya.

Ozzy

hey chris. thanks for chiming in. I did pm cyberman and enquire about how much the silicon would run.

I'm happy to chip in for that but didn't get a reply.

@ tnaig001, FYI - I also chimed in via a PM to Cyberman regarding cost factors of the silicon materials! -Best Regards, Ben G.

Hay weezer when you finish your Chewie cant you just cast it and shrink it? LOL

Ok first run at chewie! Its only a few hours work, so be kind. I sculpted an underskull first and let it go hard, then put the hair on. I will spend what time I can on the main charactors, so imput would be good to help point out what would make these look better.

I am not a sculpter so all direction will be appreciated.

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

Thanks

Ozzy

Hi guys and thanks.

Umm, I am going to start a new thread in the general modeling section. Because although these are for a studio scale model, they were never part of an actual studio scale model. And this is also someone elses thread, which I sort of feel like I have hijacked. Hope no one minds.

Ozzy

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back