Seeking a small TIE pilot,1/24 scale and a few greeblies…

Vaderman

Sr Member
Hello,
I know there is an old thread for this, but I felt that anyone looking and seeing five year old posts, might just leave.
Recently, I dug out a Studio Scale TIE fighter - partial kit - that I have had for maybe a decade? I thought I’d try to see what I needed to put it together.
My list seems fairly typical, the grill, hatch, rear cover/mount access, the greeblies on the right and left side of the grill and rear cover.

What I thought would be the easiest thing to find is a pilot! Well, not so much.
Tried to join the studio scale modelers forum where they seem to have 3d files, but no lidk. Sent an email to a site called JAWS-something? Looked on Thingiverse, Shapeways.
I guess parts are listed under names to disguise them (“black-suited driver of geometric spacecraft”?) in any event, I have had no luck finding one.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks, I looked on etsy, clearly not enough…

I see in CorrellianExports post many of the parts I need;

IMG_4888.jpeg

I didn’t even realize there was a chair, interior walls, etc.! At least the interior pieces aren’t as hard to scratch build.

As I've recently discovered, the detailed panel that goes behind the cockpit canopy frame (I call it the "modesty panel") looks like this only in models built for Return of the Jedi. It appears they were cast as one piece for those models. In ANH, it was done as three separate pieces where the sides angled back. You can see this accurately recreated in the new AMT 1/32 TIE Fighter plastic kit. :)

|
As I've recently discovered, the detailed panel that goes behind the cockpit canopy frame (I call it the "modesty panel") looks like this only in models built for Return of the Jedi. It appears they were cast as one piece for those models. In ANH, it was done as three separate pieces where the sides angled back. You can see this accurately recreated in the new AMT 1/32 TIE Fighter plastic kit. :)
Nice, thanks. I believe this is an ANH kit, so I’d stay with those details, where different.
Also, Vince! I stole your pic and marked it up. If you don’t want me to use it, lmk and I’ll remove it. :)

Amyone know Moffeaton’s Etsy shop/page name?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back