Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Sep 1, 2017, 9:45 PM - Re: The beginning of my A New Hope Graflex build! #76

Hey @JRHunter13 ! I'm confused. Which D-ring came off of the helmet?
  2. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Sep 1, 2017, 9:47 PM - Re: The beginning of my A New Hope Graflex build! #77

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    Hey @JRHunter13 ! I'm confused. Which D-ring came off of the helmet?
    The d ring in all pictures came off of the case. The clip parts are different. One came off of the case with the d ring and the one shaped more like the wannawanga one came off of the helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Sep 1, 2017, 9:50 PM - Re: The beginning of my A New Hope Graflex build! #78

Ah-ha, so this is the clip that came off of the helmet?....
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...af123f505c.jpg

That's not bad either!
  4. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Sep 1, 2017, 9:52 PM - Re: The beginning of my A New Hope Graflex build! #79

Ah-ha, so this is the clip that came off of the helmet?....
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...af123f505c.jpg

That's not bad either!
    Yeah! I think it's pretty great! It's thicker than the wannawanga clip but not by a ton and needs to be reprofiled to match the curvature of the bottom of the graflex.

From
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Sep 2, 2017, 7:10 PM - Re: The beginning of my A New Hope Graflex build! #80

Hey @JRHunter13 ! Even if those don't turn out to be 100% accurate, it's still nice to have a vintage GRAFLEX part on your replica! You could always remove it if you find a better vintage piece and attach that new one down the road.
    No one knows what a 100% accurate D-ring/strap would look like for an ANH Luke saber. We have no images of the bottom of the saber to see how the D-ring is attached. We only know the shape and size of the D-ring.

JRHunter13 said: View Post
    Yeah! I think it's pretty great! It's thicker than the wannawanga clip but not by a ton and needs to be reprofiled to match the curvature of the bottom of the graflex.
    Those vintage D-ring and straps you found look great! There's no need to "reprofile" the strap! Again, what the strap looks like is totally unknown. The idea of shaping the strap to match the curved edge of the Graflex tube originates not that long ago here on this forum when @Sym-Cha made his tutorial on how to make your own ANH D-ring and strap. Since the look of the strap is unknown, he idealized it by making it match up with the curve of the Graflex edge. So now that's what WannaWanga offers, and what most people's replicas look like. But it's really just an idealized guess. My guess is odds are it looked more like your found vintage straps. I actually reshaped my WannaWanga strap with a dremel to make it look like the ones you've found.
  6. Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Sep 2, 2017, 7:15 PM - Re: The beginning of my A New Hope Graflex build! #81

Jedi Reali said: View Post
    No one knows what a 100% accurate D-ring/strap would look like for an ANH Luke saber. We have no images of the bottom of the saber to see how the D-ring is attached. We only know the shape and size of the D-ring.

Those vintage D-ring and straps you found look great! There's no need to "reprofile" the strap! Again, what the strap looks like is totally unknown. The idea of shaping the strap to match the curved edge of the Graflex tube originates not that long ago here on this forum when @Sym-Cha made his tutorial on how to make your own ANH D-ring and strap. Since the look of the strap is unknown, he idealized it by making it match up with the curve of the Graflex edge. So now that's what Roy offers, and what most people's replicas look like. But it's really just an idealized guess. My guess is odds are it looked more like your found vintage straps. I actually reshaped my Roy strap with a dremel to make it look like the ones you've found.
    Thanks for the feedback! You're right, why reprofile something that is vintage and has a natural good look to it already. Until photos surface of the actual bottom of the ANH graflex, which might not ever happen, might as well go with what looks good and makes enough sense. I'm very happy with them.