The beginning of my A New Hope Graflex build!

No one knows what a 100% accurate D-ring/strap would look like for an ANH Luke saber. We have no images of the bottom of the saber to see how the D-ring is attached. We only know the shape and size of the D-ring.

Those vintage D-ring and straps you found look great! There's no need to "reprofile" the strap! Again, what the strap looks like is totally unknown. The idea of shaping the strap to match the curved edge of the Graflex tube originates not that long ago here on this forum when @Sym-Cha made his tutorial on how to make your own ANH D-ring and strap. Since the look of the strap is unknown, he idealized it by making it match up with the curve of the Graflex edge. So now that's what Roy offers, and what most people's replicas look like. But it's really just an idealized guess. My guess is odds are it looked more like your found vintage straps. I actually reshaped my Roy strap with a dremel to make it look like the ones you've found.

Thanks for the feedback! You're right, why reprofile something that is vintage and has a natural good look to it already. Until photos surface of the actual bottom of the ANH graflex, which might not ever happen, might as well go with what looks good and makes enough sense. I'm very happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I respect that you have seen these props in person. But, though the "the artifact" theory makes sense, why is the profile nearly identical on every track in your posted photograph?

I think the asymmetry you're referring to is just an artifact of the way the track was cut. It's not like they sanded the edges to nice finish or anything on the original props.
Here's a shot of the screen-matched ESB Luke 'ranch' saber.
I've held these pieces in person. Not just going off of pictures like the other t-track makers (no offense intended).

http://ginodesign.com/starwarslifesized/misc/esb_luke_ttrack.png

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back