TrickOrTreatStudios Gizmo 1:1 Puppet

That sucks man.

It's as bad as any scammer out there, even the ones who just take people's money and run.

Make sure you report them to the BBB.

The funny part is they were quick to respond to me a few months ago and I had to change my shipping address. Head in the sand, these guys.

OOF! Gizmo arrived today...wow what a piece of crap. First of all it was packed in a box without any bubble wrap or anything. And as you can see from the comparison pic, it looks like Gizmo went out on a bender. The worst part is the fur on his chin that wasn't present in any of the pictures on the website. The ears also appear to be a different shape. Oh and they punctured the tags through his ear so that will leave a hole when you take them out...

Also, as far as the hand puppet functionality, there's only room in the legs - the head and arms aren't open.

Gonna try and get my money back. I'd pay maybe $20 for this thing, not $70!

View attachment 664539

View attachment 664535

View attachment 664531View attachment 664534View attachment 664532View attachment 664533View attachment 664536View attachment 664537View attachment 664538

I wanted this so bad, makes me sad

fight%20club%20girl%20crying_zpszoic5hpi.gif

Thank you for posting the review- I am sad, because this is one of my since childhood dream props- but at least it won't be a wasted or depressing purchase now.
Hopefully they get the quality control under control and re-work the molds.
The store page pics were beautiful. :'(

And it's been 2 weeks since I asked them for a return, without a response. So I emailed them today saying I will file a paypal dispute if I don't hear back from them by EOD.

Wow, it's funny how quickly you get an email response when you mention a paypal dispute. Although, this wasn't the answer I was looking for. What a crock of....

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 11.34.43 AM.png

EDIT: well maybe my persistence will work? Updated response below.

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 11.57.15 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 11.54.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 11.54.02 AM.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Have you posted a review on their site?

Looks like right now there is just one, and of course it is a glorious review. Be curious if they have the integrity to post a negative review publicly...

Have you posted a review on their site?

Looks like right now there is just one, and of course it is a glorious review. Be curious if they have the integrity to post a negative review publicly...

Na, I'm sure they'd delete it anyway. The guy said he'd talk to his manager about a refund. But I'm not gonna take no for an answer. I will be a thorn in their side.

Na, I'm sure they'd delete it anyway. The guy said he'd talk to his manager about a refund. But I'm not gonna take no for an answer. I will be a thorn in their side.

I'd say seeing the mesh of the fur open and visible qualifies for a "defect"! Unless of course that is the INTENDED look.

Or in other words, the question to them is "Do you actually INTEND to see the mesh? Is that part of the overall aesthetic design?". How could they possible answer "Yes" to such a question? The logical answer is "No". And if it is NOT intended, then it would it not be considered a defect?

Dammit man. That sucks. I wonder if the stripe puppet came out any better.

Poor Stripe has not fared much better unfortunately....

UXDDo3w.jpg

lSBnP41.jpg

vhY7qjB.jpg

9EprUTf.jpg

The main problem appears to be that they've glued the fur to the arms upside down, so that the natural flow is going upward, instead of down, as in the prototype photos, which means that the edges aren't covered.

To be honest, the entire hair/fur work is what's letting things down the most.

So a bit of work with the hot glue gun and......

KtdctnI.jpg

Still needs work to look like the prototype though:

attachment.php

Comparing them, he needs a LOT more white fur added around the wrists. Needs brown fur added around the tops of the ears. And the white stripe down his forehead needs reduced. And his nails need repainted....

I received my Gizmo. I am relatively happy with it. It doesn't look like the prototype, that's for sure, but with a little work it is better than what I had (because I didn't have one at all).

Thanks guys for the feedback!

What a horrible piece... I was expecting a lot from this one so I preordered two of them. I am so disappointed.

I a lucky enough that "Trick or Trick" (no Treat for me sorry) did not ship yet so I asked for a cancellation and refund. Nevertheless they do not seem to want to reply to my emails (I have been sending a few ones for a few days now).

My Medicom Gremlins 2 Gizmo doll is far away more beautiful and well crafted than this "thingy" Gizmo... I have two (always buying twice the same thing just in case ^^ if you're looking for one of these contact me ;) )

2016-09-03 13.00.40.jpg

For those of you who've had trouble getting a response from Trick Or Treat Studios, I have a feeling they're stalling so the window closes for a paypal dispute. In my case I pre-ordered and paid on March 1st. I received it on September 16th (5+ months later) and have had limited responses since then. Either that or they're horrible at customer service.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back