Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: han solo airsoft

Yeah there was one other thread about this. It's a new WE model M712, looking like it might be a replica of the TFA blaster because of the mystery plug

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

So, the correct one is the HFC 196 or M712 NON-blowback? And non-blowback means the hammer doesn't retract with the trigger?

Is that right?

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

So, the correct one is the HFC 196 or M712 NON-blowback? And non-blowback means the hammer doesn't retract with the trigger?

Is that right?

HFC only makes a non-blowback M712 - the hammer moves with the trigger (double action) but the bolt cannot move and doesn't cycle after firing. Any seller listing an HFC 196 as being blowback has made an error.

So, this is what i want to get, if i can find one:
and then find a short mag and i'm good to go with a conversion kit?
[h=4]HFC Full Metal WWII Mauser M712 Airsoft Gas Pistol[/h] [h=4]Features:[/h]
  • Heavyweight, Full Metal Construction
  • Imitation Wood Grip Panels
  • Adjustable Rear Sight
  • Integrated Safety Switch
  • Efficient Non-Blowback Design
  • High FPS Output
  • Most Authentic Mauser Broomhandle On The Market
Dimensions: 300mm x 155mm
Muzzle Velocity: 360~400 FPS (Measured w/ 0.20g BBs and Green Gas)
Magazine: 33rds
Gas Type: Green Gas, Red Gas, Propane
Firing Mode: Semi Automatic, Safety
System: Gas Non-Blowback
Hopup: Yes, Adjustable
Package Includes: Gun, Magazine

Here's an interesting variant, plus they mirrored the shot.
Weirdo Blaster 2.pngWeirdo Blaster 4.pngWeirdo Blaster 3.pngWeirdo Blaster 1.pngWeirdo Blaster 5.png

Anyone know what they did for the grips? Looks as if they just airbrushed the ones on there for the stunt but the hero looks like real wood. Any ideas?

Here's a little something I put together:

attachment.php

Started with one of the cheap 712s off eBay.Some of the proportions are off of course, but it was good practice.
s-l1600.jpg

What began as a quick weekend project, ended up taking 3 months of Sundays. :(

IMG1566.jpgIMG1569.jpgIMG1568.jpgIMG1590.jpgIMG1586.jpgIMG1587.jpgIMG1589.jpg

I didn't get the pocket above the trigger quite right:

IMG1572.jpg

Didn't bother with a working hammer or trigger, but I did manage to keep the mag removable:

IMG1574.jpgIMG1575.jpg

Scratch building the grill took a several attempts to get it to look right.

IMG1562.jpg

I started by gluing some fender washers, and making a mold and a resin casting of it:

IMG1547.jpgIMG1548.jpg

Then cut and shaped the casting to fit the mauser, and made another mold and resin castings:

IMG1549.jpgIMG1551.jpg

Stacked/glued 3 castings together:

IMG1552.jpg

Then cut it to the final shape:

IMG1553.jpg

Here's a little something I put together:

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=607990&d=1459013669

Started with one of the cheap 712s off eBay.Some of the proportions are off of course, but it was good practice.
View attachment 608007

What began as a quick weekend project, ended up taking 3 months of Sundays. :(

View attachment 608011View attachment 608013View attachment 608012View attachment 608032View attachment 608029View attachment 608030View attachment 608031

I didn't get the pocket above the trigger quite right:

View attachment 608015

Didn't bother with a working hammer or trigger, but I did manage to keep the mag removable:

View attachment 608025View attachment 608026

Scratch building the grill took a several attempts to get it to look right.

View attachment 608033

I started by gluing some fender washers, and making a mold and a resin casting of it:

View attachment 608034View attachment 608035

Then cut and shaped the casting to fit the mauser, and made another mold and resin castings:

View attachment 608037View attachment 608038

Stacked/glued 3 castings together:

View attachment 608039

Then cut it to the final shape:

View attachment 608040

this came out great! how did you fill the selector switch?!

I just grinded down part of the left side and added this section of a resin casting

Huh. Never thought of just covering the side with a casting....

Anybody have any high-res screen-grabs from the digital download? I'm holding out for the blu-ray ...

Yeah the lightsaber thread is full of them but nothing here :(

The first one I posted is interesting because it seems to be missing the safety and the small square tabs on the side of the gun. Also, the trigger doesn't look like it's from a HFC, although the mag does.

On the second one. part of me thinks that the hammer doesn't recoil like a functioning gun, but is maybe just stuck into place. The reason I say this is that in a lot of the Starkiller Behind the Scenes shots I saw of Harrison with the gun (where the tip is lighting up red) the hammer is always back as he's firing it. I think they made an electronic version with the hammer always back, and with a light up tip that is activated by pulling the trigger.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back