Luke and Vader's ANH screen used lightsabers at EMP in Seattle!

I also have more pics of that Vader Saber, made with a Graflex Slave

View attachment 529394View attachment 529395

And a Heiland flash. The body of the saber and the shroud come from a Heiland Strobonar 64b

84708b2d12a54316a3b7a08470bb9eb4.jpg

Well I know I'm always up for more photos. & then more photos after that :thumbsup. I don't know what type of camera you have, & I know the lighting in these places makes useing long lenses more difficult, if not impossible without a tripod. But, if it's possible, I'd like to see shots of the end caps, & other sides of the sabers, & anything close up - detail type of shot. &, a few shots of Mauls (I'd like to compare them to my eFX & MR :) )
Thank you sir. I hate having to send you back to look at Star Wars props & all, but it's for the greater good.

Oh yeah It's heartbreaking to have to go back and see all that stuff again. Absolutely pains me.... ;)

I have a Canon 5D Mark II 18 megapixel full-frame, which can shoot RAW and does well in low light. I wish I had a faster auto lens to use. Currently I use an f4 24-105, but with some ISO and shutter adjustment I can get some decent results. I'm not very happy with the 2 pictures I did take. I was in a rush when I was walking through there the first time. I also had my color settings out of whack, so when I go back I'll make sure my white balance is set right.

Oh yeah It's heartbreaking to have to go back and see all that stuff again. Absolutely pains me.... ;)

I have a Canon 5D Mark II 18 megapixel full-frame, which can shoot RAW and does well in low light. I wish I had a faster auto lens to use. Currently I use an f4 24-105, but with some ISO and shutter adjustment I can get some decent results. I'm not very happy with the 2 pictures I did take. I was in a rush when I was walking through there the first time. I also had my color settings out of whack, so when I go back I'll make sure my white balance is set right.

Ooooohhhh my, that's a nice camera rig. It's an ACTUAL camera! :cheers God bless you for that, sir. I can't wait to see your new images.

sabre1.jpg

My friend was at the exhibit and snapped this picture.

Also this one which is very similar to the one the OP posted.

IMG_20151025_155919.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the exhibit a couple days ago and here are the pics I took. They're not great, but I could tell these were not screen used immediately.

Vader:
The clamp band is rubber with o-rings pushed up against each side.
T-track height is not the same, there are at least 2 that are taller. They are using the clamp to attach the display mount.

Luke:
No clamp card or bubble strip.
Has Kobold clip for d-ring
Has glass eye

IMG_3717.JPGIMG_3718.JPGIMG_3719.JPG
IMG_3720.JPGIMG_3721.JPGIMG_3734.JPGIMG_3735.JPG

That Vader is a future project of mine... I've never seen it with the rubber o-rings...

What's with the little lever on the one o-ring... is that part of what's holding it on the display? (pic #4)

That Vader is a future project of mine... I've never seen it with the rubber o-rings...

What's with the little lever on the one o-ring... is that part of what's holding it on the display? (pic #4)

Honestly I can't remember, I think it might be a part of the display mount, but I could be wrong about that. Good eye.

The lighting is very low in the display cases and it's in a corner so you can't really get around one side.

yea, these pics of that vader thing are great! I'm building one too and I've only ever seen two shots

View attachment 529299

Seriously.... Out of any place in the entire world, here they are sitting right in front of my face in a Seattle pop culture film and music museum on display. How cool is this?!

I logged in tonight to say - the T track is bright red painted black on the vader saber! take another look guys...seriously scratchbuilt

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back