Metal Kylo Ren Helmet Build! finished!

Re: Metal Kylo Ren Helmet Build!

made some good progress on the kylo ren helmet today.

DSC03079.JPG

DSC03081.JPG

DSC03082.JPG

DSC03083.JPG

DSC03084.JPG

DSC03085.JPG

DSC03086.JPG

DSC03089.JPG

DSC03091.JPG

I made some more progress today. I got the detail added to the "under nose piece" and got it welded into place. next im going to make the "outer nose piece" and the helmet will basically be done. Ill just have a few small details to finish up. im also going to go back and change up some of the details on the "helmet section". Then its on to the paint.

DSC03092.JPG

DSC03095.JPG

DSC03096.JPG

DSC03097.JPG

DSC03101.JPG

DSC03102.JPG

DSC03103.JPG

DSC03107.JPG

DSC03109.JPG

Hi Robert,

Could you explain a bit about how you developed the parts or pieces for this build? Did you build with some flexible medium (poster stock) to get the templates before cutting the metal? Did you work off of a dummy head (mannequin, a life cast of your head)? Or did you do measurements from screen caps/images or get your hands on a finished mask from someone to pattern your build off of?

I sand blasted the helmet and primed it(no pictures of it primed though).next im going paint the helmet. I cant wait to see it with paint on it.
DSC03176.JPG

DSC03177.JPG

DSC03178.JPG

DSC03179.JPG

hello all its been a while. I just finished up the kylo ren helmet. for the chrome on the helmet I used chrome powder coat. and for the black I used a flat automotive black. I really enjoyed making this helmet and was the most challenging helmet yet .I will have the making of video uploaded soon.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Wow O Wow! That looks amazing. You sure you didn't sneak in and steal it off the set ;) My hat is off to you. Incredible workmanship.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back