The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

We'll post an interest thread in the classifieds when we're ready to start taking payments! It will either be me or Kevin Gossett

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what they look like. uploadfromtaptalk1440631223154.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440631261152.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440631320794.jpg

Yeah the Etsy ones worked, but are too large, Heck when I put my shield on my hand, the glove magnet was soo big, the shield wasent going anywhere. Just enough clearence for the strap to clear the Etsy magnets.
Will be interested in a set starlordquill when your ready to produce.

Tried that and they wouldn't but I've heard success from others, so it's 50/50

Yeah they let me do that with the Capt Jacket, ended up giving them exact measurements so it was a custom, but was a XL with extra arm length. I even paid for an extra Arrow jacket when they messed up the size on that one. I just say, I'm really happy with the costume and would want to continue being a customer of yours....but.

So I got a totally different answer from my inquiry on Facebook.

"Hi Zach, thanks for your interest. It costs 75 % of the original price for the jacket along with an extra yard of the jacket material cost. "

So they are asking $224.99 for the jacket, which is actually more than what I spent on the full costume after my discount. No Thanks.

Last edited:
So I got a totally different answer from my inquiry on Facebook.

"Hi Zach, thanks for your interest. It costs 75 % of the original price for the jacket along with an extra yard of the jacket material cost. "

So they are asking $224.99 for the jacket, which is actually than what I spent on the full costume after my discount. No Thanks.
That's really expensive! Might as well buy the whole suit again at that price...

And on another note we may be adding the shoulder A's to our list for the run!

Nice! Wondering if they'd hold up on my shield arm. I've got NYCC coming up and these look great, but I'd hate to knock them off while carrying the shield. Fixed to the costume with fabric glue or something stronger?

Nice! Wondering if they'd hold up on my shield arm. I've got NYCC coming up and these look great, but I'd hate to knock them off while carrying the shield. Fixed to the costume with fabric glue or something stronger?
Are you referring to my magnets? Or something else?

Was talking about the magnets. I'd love a set, just worried about wear and tear.
Gotcha! Well while I haven't glued them to my suit yet (still haven't molded them) I don't foresee any issues if glued on with e6000. Maybe someone that has the etsy set can comment on how well they stick?

Our magnets themselves should be more durable since they'll be a resin cast vs a raw print.

I glued my Etsy magnets on with Gorilla Glue, holds on strong. The Cosplaysky fabric makes the glue cure really fast, makes it easy to glue but you only have one shot to get it right cuz it's nearly impossible to adjust after the glue contacts the fabric.

One idea I had while considering molding my own was to embed one end of a chicago screw into the resin while its curing and use that to attach them. Right now its just an idea, not sure how well it will work.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back