TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

As Luke the Belter mentioned, the absence of the Bakelite in the pin ports throws up all sorts of questions...IF that isn't just photoshop.

So upon close inspection of some new marketing material, it looks like the brass pins have been removed and the black plastic removed and replaced with an aluminum insert on the stunt... most likely to hold the stunt blades in. I'll see if I can grab a photo this week.

yeah.. see my comment above about the same thing...

Looks like a machined FX blade socket.

That's also not the original graflex bulb socket insides... that looks like a milled/machined FX piece.

Yeah now I remember seeing somewhere on the web a machined silver Pin socket, this one is for Anakin ROTS but you can see it also doesn't go as deep as the original Graflex piece, its less deep as to fit a 1" blade

hex..or rivets....:wacko sorry.

Definitely Hex on that picture, I have my Luke ESB with Hex so its easier to make a change, I also have some rivets just in case the Hero Prop on TFA has them.

though I like the Hex/Rivets silvery and not black, think I got used to the MR version.

Last edited:

^ that looks like the kit from ultra force saber's. I contacted them last week to see if they still make these kits but haven't heard back yet

Sure looks similar.

holder20a.jpg

Last edited:

It's either tcss or Graflex shop. I will look at the ones I have tonight. I hope it's not tgs. Those are near impossible to get.

Went back and took a better pic. Wtf is that plug sticking out on the bottom?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    804.3 KB · Views: 160

Went back and took a better pic. Wtf is that plug sticking out on the bottom?

Looks like the little switch some microphones have there on the back, the big one like an antenna, maybe they turn it on remotely?? hmm. Definitely seems this is the one from the snow scene.

The bigger nub definitely looks like a rubber/plastic antenna mast

Closeup of emitter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 185

Here are some shots I just took today.

Tried to get as little glare in as possible

x08r9Sr.jpg

fXv7iPd.jpg

There is definitely a cable going into the bottom of the hilt.

Please don't this as coming off rude because I'm loving all these pictures being posted, but coming from a strategic point of view. I don't think with all of today's technology they would be forced to power this saber with a battery pack off screen or worn on a belt. They can power them just like we power them today with little lithiums. I totally see the on/off switch and as going to bring that up but someone else posted before me. So I got to thinking what the heck that big black cap is, and another person suggested maybe a wireless antenna, which I can see as well.

wirelessly triggering the ignition of the blade. One other thing is maybe it is a potentiometer, which can brighten or dull the blade to get that right lighting effect in different sets ( inside or out, day and night)

Car-Roof-Black-2-4-Stubby-Short-Aerial-AM-FM-Radio-Antenna-Replacement-Extension.jpg

To to me it looks like a gps attenna found on most cars today. Allot of kids put "midget" after market antennas on their cars, where you can get them at 1-1/4" long. I wonder if what we are seeing is a antenna that the tip has been cut off, if you look the tip of the saber looks like it was botched, and not cut completely straight that there's a chunk missing to the right side of it...

Check this out new idea....

MINIantenaGERMANFLAG1-750x750.jpg
"

Look ok at the bottom of the saber, doesn't it look like a shadow around the "antenna" sticking out? Maybe that shadow is a hole and this antenna is attached to something inside it, and the tip is sticking out side the hole!! This tip almost matches it exactly

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back