Customized Micro Machines X-wing

red4

Sr Member
Gave the whole thing a wash, trimmed excess plastic from the screw well under the nose cone, straightened the pilot's neck, carved out the dishes on the guns, painted the nose cone silver, elevated the seat and painted it brown.

micro_machines_x_wing_by_action_figure_opera-d7ot7lb.jpg

Attachments

• xwing.jpg
    xwing.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 137
Nice! How big is it?

The ship is about 6.25 inches from front to back. The pilot is a little over 1 inch tall.
It's also worth mentioning that the R2 unit is fully detailed and removable from the ship. But since I didn't do anything to it, I took no pictures of that.

Was this an "Action Fleet" X-wing? ... I had two of the Titanium series X-wings that I pretty much did the same to. Don't know where they are now, though. May have lost them in the last move. Sucks because now they're like $20 each.

Was this an "Action Fleet" X-wing? ... I had two of the Titanium series X-wings that I pretty much did the same to. Don't know where they are now, though. May have lost them in the last move. Sucks because now they're like $20 each.

Yup. It's an Action Fleet. Although, there were also some teenie tiny little vehicles (like 1 or 2 inches long) that were part of the Action Fleet line, so it gets confusing.

I bought this X-wing about a year ago on Ebay. I've wanted it since I was a kid, so when I found it at around $20 like you said, I had to get it. It's expensive, sure, but totally worth it at least once, considering I really wanted it. My brother had the Snowspeeder, and I used to borrow it, but I always hated that it wasn't mine. So I figured that when I got my own, it would be exactly the vehicle I want, which is the X-wing. I own it in 3 scales now.

Last edited:
That is really cool. I can't believe I never thought of painting one of these. I've got a whole box full -- X-wings, A-wings, B-wings, Y-wings, TIE Fighters, etc. I was obsessed with collecting them when they first came out.

Now I know what I'm doing with them.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back