ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Big shock... the Han Solo Force Awakens jacket has been pushed back.
Question... Has Anovos, who basically finances every production using the customers money, EVER met a deadline?
I mean, if I were a bank being asked to loan them money to go into production and I found they never met deadlines I'd have serious reservations.
I wonder what Lucasfilm/Disney thinks about their delays?

Cheers
Steven

Last edited:
They've release a number of things on time.

Look at EFX, LFL and Disney apparently don't give one rat's @#$ about delays as long as their yearly fee's come in.

Big shack... the Han Solo Force Awakens jacket has been pushed back.
Question... Has Anovos, who basically finances every production using the customers money, EVER met a deadline?
I mean, if I were a bank being asked to loan them money to go into production and I found they never met deadlines I'd have serious reservations.
I wonder what Lucasfilm/Disney thinks about their delays?

Cheers
Steven
They are shipping estimates, not deadlines.

They handle different products different ways. It appears some high demand helmets have batches in production before putting them on sale. These ship pretty quickly. Others products have longer wait times. I assume they see how the orders are going before placing the order for production.

Some of us have been waiting over 2 years for OT stormtrooper helmet kits, Shadowtrooper helmet kits, and Vader Wingman TIE Pilot helmets. Hopefully those kind of waits will be over once those products are shipped.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong - I've bought an OT Storm Trooper kit from them, a Han Bespin Costume, and Ghostbuster patch and been happy all of it... I'm still waiting on the Ghostbusters proton pack, and Han FA Jacket... And plan to buy a Han Holster rig when they get small back in stock... Clearly it hasn't stopped me from sending them my money LOL!

Cheers
Steven

i have a question for the vader helmet owners. any idea on how much floor area is needed to display the helmet? i got some sheets of 3/4 birch plywood from a job site a few months back. with all this humidity its starting to take shape, so its about time i cut it up to make a display shelf.

i was sketching things out and 20" x 20" shelves (4 shelves high) is going to be huge... any idea how much space is required? i know my ikea glass display stands aren't cutting it and they are 14deep x 15wide x 16tall.

I dont own any vader helmets :( if i did it would be a little bit easier. i dont want to build these shelfs too big, nor too small. i dont have the founds for a vader helmet right now but definitely want one down the road

any advice is greatly appreciated

I already put my Anovos into storage, but my Classic Action is handy (and the same size, I believe). The "base" is approximately 13" wide and 15" deep. The height of the helmet is about 14".

Hope this helps.

i have a question for the vader helmet owners. any idea on how much floor area is needed to display the helmet? i got some sheets of 3/4 birch plywood from a job site a few months back. with all this humidity its starting to take shape, so its about time i cut it up to make a display shelf.

i was sketching things out and 20" x 20" shelves (4 shelves high) is going to be huge... any idea how much space is required? i know my ikea glass display stands aren't cutting it and they are 14deep x 15wide x 16tall.

I dont own any vader helmets :( if i did it would be a little bit easier. i dont want to build these shelfs too big, nor too small. i dont have the founds for a vader helmet right now but definitely want one down the road

any advice is greatly appreciated

I have my ANOVOS Vader on top of my Polk Audio subwoofer. That's about 15x16.
IMG_0802.JPG

My eFX Limited is sitting on top of a Detolf. I packed up the original stand, & swapped it for a smaller one I got from a mail order magazine. I have both my Vader helmets on matching stands.
IMG_0803.JPG

I think the size of the shelf you're thinking about will work fine.

Hope this helps ya out :thumbsup
Pardon the crappy iPad photos.

I have my ANOVOS Vader on top of my Polk Audio subwoofer. That's about 15x16.
View attachment 739675

My eFX Limited is sitting on top of a Detolf. I packed up the original stand, & swapped it for a smaller one I got from a mail order magazine. I have both my Vader helmets on matching stands.
View attachment 739676

I think the size of the shelf you're thinking about will work fine.

Hope this helps ya out :thumbsup
Pardon the crappy iPad photos.

awesome! thats the same display stand as me! the helmet won't fit inside the display though right? i live down stairs with a drop ceiling. i hate it because the damn ceilings create so much dust... i have a filter and clean it daily its amazing how much dust is down here. i really can't display anything outside of a case, it gets ruined in dust in 48 hours :(

thanks for the fast reply :thumbsup beautiful helmets!

awesome! thats the same display stand as me! the helmet won't fit inside the display though right? i live down stairs with a drop ceiling. i hate it because the damn ceilings create so much dust... i have a filter and clean it daily its amazing how much dust is down here. i really can't display anything outside of a case, it gets ruined in dust in 48 hours :(

thanks for the fast reply :thumbsup beautiful helmets!

Thanks man :cheers

No, sadly these helmets won't fit inside the case. I need to get more Detolfs though. I desperately need to get my guest room fixed up.
The only helmet I have in the case is my Melted Vader from MasterEdis 1st run. You're gonna LOVE yours!
IMG_0805.JPG
I have it in the case, cause that thing would be murder to dust.

I think a Vader helmet will fit in a detolf if you're OK displaying it without the stand.

i didnt think the flare of the dome, maybe i should say skirt of the dome would fit inside the case? i love the ikea cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man :cheers

No, sadly these helmets won't fit inside the case. I need to get more Detolfs though. I desperately need to get my guest room fixed up.
The only helmet I have in the case is my Melted Vader from MasterEdis 1st run. You're gonna LOVE yours!
View attachment 739680
I have it in the case, cause that thing would be murder to dust.

wicked!!! :thumbsup

i didnt think the flare of the dome, maybe i should say skirt of the dome would fit inside the case? i love the ikea cases.

I double checked to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and someone on rebelscum gave this info on available space in a detolf
"Each shelf has space for,

Height = 15" (38cm) Front - Back = 13 and a half"(34cm) side -side =15 and quarter(39cm)"

I just measured one of my Vaders (roughly, these aren't exact) and came up with Height - 14", depth - 12", width - 13". So it can be done, but it's tight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I double checked to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and someone on rebelscum gave this info on available space in a detolf

Height = 15" (38cm) Front - Back = 13 and a half"(34cm) side -side =15 and quarter(39cm)"

I just measured one of my Vaders (roughly, these aren't exact) and came up with Height - 14", depth - 12", width - 13". So it can be done, but it's tight.

wicked!! thats awesome news! thanks so much for looking into this for me! :thumbsup

The amazing works of art that you & Mac create deserve a stand, & their own shelf - if not their own case -, they're so beautiful.

Is that sitting on a shelf at an angle or upright like it is being worn?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wicked!! thats awesome news! thanks so much for looking into this for me! :thumbsup

No problem! I'll take a pic of mine in my detolf when I get home later. It doesn't usually live in there though.

Is that sitting on a shelf at an angle or upright like it is being worn?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That was just the helmet sitting on a flat surface, no stand or other means of support so the mask looks like it's looking up a little.

I took some quick pics of my Darth Ugly in a Detolf.

Good news is it will fit somewhat but only sideways and a tight fit.

As can be seen in the pics, you can't use a stand either as the clearance is less 2 inch.

Attachments

• 20170629_231338.jpg
    20170629_231338.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 20170629_231352.jpg
    20170629_231352.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20170629_231423.jpg
    20170629_231423.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20170629_231501.jpg
    20170629_231501.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Yeah, so it looks like those measurements may not have been bang on. Height and width are fine, depth not so much. Part of the problem is that closing the door loses you 1/4" of the depth. If it was 13.5" with the door closed it would JUST fit. Part of it may also be that I measured an ROTJ helmet at my workshop, I only have ANH at home and the domes are quite different. I'll double check the measurements tomorrow.

And yes, I'm aware the glass needs cleaning...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2cee.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2cef.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back