Star Trek Continues

I've watched a few fan indy Star Trek web shows and they always were just so so for me but this production is the one that I will continue to watch! ... really well done!

This is an excellent program, that is the sad part, and the minor acting flaws are true to the series.

Not all Star Trek was stellar but their work easily out shines 90% of network and cable television.

The hint of greatness... only leaves the desire for more.

This is an excellent program, that is the sad part, and the minor acting flaws are true to the series.

While overall I agree, the "big three" have to be right. They got Kirk, Spock & McCoy aren't there. Sadly it's pulling me out of this a bit. I hope the new McCoy turns out better and they find a new Spock. Spock HAS to have more gravity to him.

I thought the guy who plays Spock put in a better performance than Vic as Kirk in this latest episode.

I liked it so much that I'd rather see the adventures of the Mirror Enterprise crew than the normal ones, but then, I always did like Blake's 7. ;)

While overall I agree, the "big three" have to be right. They got Kirk, Spock & McCoy aren't there. Sadly it's pulling me out of this a bit. I hope the new McCoy turns out better and they find a new Spock. Spock HAS to have more gravity to him.

I agree.
The production and writing is great, but the Spock/McCoy aren't there yet. To be fair, those are huge shoes to fill, and Spock's deadpan is difficult to capture while still conveying that much personality, but I don't feel those moments of that dynamic between the big three. I'm sold on Vic as Kirk though.
I'm also hoping that some time in the future, they have the means to do an episode off the ship, on an alien planet.

Lolani has been my favourite episode so far. Classic Trek morals, lots of little nods, and a nice ending.

Things like this I have to package in a way I did in the past.
That is to say like a good comic book, novel or even those old record/comic storys in the seventies I had as a kid.
It's not the original actors, things are going to be "off" no matter how hard they try,
i don't consider it canon, but I am deeply appreciative of the care taken to respect TOS and the story quality has
been surprisingly good.
They are "what if" type stories, and I can cut slack for that.
Nothing is ever going to match the TOS trinity, none of the Treks ever have since.
That was because those characters were also creations of the men that portrayed them, we know how much
went into Spock from Nimoy himself for example.
While watching I think yeah, that IS something Spock would say for instance, and I can be content with that,
that someone cared to know the character well.

So I enjoy these for what they are, I am not considering it TOS returns by any means, just that caring people
thought that these characters had some stories they would like to tell with them.

Things like this I have to package in a way I did in the past.
That is to say like a good comic book, novel or even those old record/comic storys in the seventies I had as a kid.
It's not the original actors, things are going to be "off" no matter how hard they try,
i don't consider it canon, but I am deeply appreciative of the care taken to respect TOS and the story quality has
been surprisingly good.
They are "what if" type stories, and I can cut slack for that.
Nothing is ever going to match the TOS trinity, none of the Treks ever have since.
That was because those characters were also creations of the men that portrayed them, we know how much
went into Spock from Nimoy himself for example.
While watching I think yeah, that IS something Spock would say for instance, and I can be content with that,
that someone cared to know the character well.

So I enjoy these for what they are, I am not considering it TOS returns by any means, just that caring people
thought that these characters had some stories they would like to tell with them.

Agreed.

I think my problem is that I HATE 99.9% of fan productions. The production value on almost all of them is crap, the acting is crap, the writing is crap, etc. etc. etc... Phase II had some good production value but really suffered in acting and writing. Continues is SO DAMN CLOSE that I can't help but look at it as "TOS Returns" so where it fails by any measure is magnified by the standards I have preset in my mind for it. I suppose that's the best compliment I could give it though. It makes me want it to be perfect.

(Hey, I'll try hard not to take offense at that. :) )

I make it a point to not watch them anymore, so if it's any solace I haven't seen yours. However I'm not your average fan viewer either, I'm a 12 year vet of the industry with very high standards:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 541369_10152600732740554_1573268205_n.jpg
    541369_10152600732740554_1573268205_n.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 352
Mike,
Nice! What did you win that hardware for? Cant find much on IMDB. Maybe I don't have your correct name?

- - - Updated - - -

This you?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3448858/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2

There's a lot to love about the episode, but the top of the list for me has got to be the camera work and lighting. It's spooky how well they nailed those aspects. Good job!

Just finished Lolani and damn it made me cry. I thought the story was spot on TOS and loved the whole cast. This is by far some of the best "pro-fan" created content I have seen. I do have a question for the crew.. I noticed under Special Make up Effects, a Rick L. Baker is listed. Is this THE Rick Baker? The umpteenth Academy Award winner? I am wondering where it's shot... I know, go back and read the whole thread...

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

Ah it's nice to see some high quality Trek again on a regular basis. This makes other web based series look exactly like web based series.

Very impressive production values and writing and a pretty decent sequel to Mirror, Mirror. I hope they don't overdo it with the sequels, I would love to see a series of stand alone non-sequel episodes.

I agree with the comments about Spock although in my opinion even certain highly paid actors (Zachary Quinto) lack the proper weight to play Spock. There were a couple moments where Todd Haberkorn did a very good job but he's not consistent in the role. That being said even Nimoy didn't nail the role right off the bat but evolved the character over time.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back