More details on the Vader ROTJ saber - Please archive

KD,
I think you're right on the money about the tube material showing in both the port and switch hole.

Your plug is looking good! Are you going to round out the center?

It looks like this thread is starting to peter out a bit ( burnout anyone?
icon_lol.gif
)

I just have one other question on the grips...

Not what they are made of but the length. Thinking about the gap between the tube halfs got me thinking that the grips would have to be a little longer than the standard Graf grips. So, I scaled this shot of Probe Droids and came up with this....

Grip-Sizing.jpg

Has anyone else figured the length on these? Can someone confirm or correct me on this?

Thats I I found out the total length of the saber was a bit longer than a normal Graflex...when I made my Hardware ROTJ Vader ordered grips from Blastech and the were a but too short..So I decided to figure out exactly where the miscalculation was...Sure enough the ROTJ is just slightly longer..

I have a dream, where we needn't look at crummy pictures of props to get details, and scaling for measurements can come direcltly from the prop. Just a dream afterall.

I'm pretty sure this thread has run its course now.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks again to all who participated...we definitely made some bold new discoveries, even if some of them might be considered "miniscule" or "nitpicky."

One final thing I wanted to post: If you have never looked at the original 2 archived Vader ROTJ saber threads, I encourage you to do so (even though they are missing many pics). It will help show everyone what the original breakthroughs were (the "evolution" of this saber in the prop community, if you will), and also the names of those previously involved.
icon_wink.gif

Vader ROTJ saber thread 1:
http://rpf.prop-planet.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1148&forum=4

Vader ROTJ saber thread 2:
http://rpf.prop-planet.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1147&forum=4

It's been educational!

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back