Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton

Just a small update to let you know I'm still around! :)

Who are you again? :p hehe :lol

It looks fantastic :) it really does.

Wanted to share a small detail I have come to realize. These small holes:
endhole.jpg
Apparently no screen used endos had those. Though they can be found on for example the M1, icons and timeless skulls

Who are you again? :p hehe :lol

It looks fantastic :) it really does.

Wanted to share a small detail I have come to realize. These small holes:
View attachment 391198
Apparently no screen used endos had those. Though they can be found on for example the M1, icons and timeless skulls

Haha, thanks! ;)

Thanks for the headsup!

I looked it up, and actually the T1 and T2 endos have them, but only on the right side. I have some screengrabs where they are clearly visible. I do notice the M1 has them on both sides and so does mine. I'll remove them from the left side to make it more accurate! :)

Thanks again for pointing that out! :thumbsup

Haha, thanks! ;)

Thanks for the headsup!

I looked it up, and actually the T1 and T2 endos have them, but only on the right side. I have some screengrabs where they are clearly visible. I do notice the M1 has them on both sides and so does mine. I'll remove them from the left side to make it more accurate! :)

Thanks again for pointing that out! :thumbsup

No problemo :)
I've been checking the T2 intro and none of the endoskeletons have those visible holes, not on any side. Though it is difficult to tell sometimes ;)
Before I finish my M1 build I will definitely fill in them holes.

I found your project by accident so I joined today. I have to say you have mad skills, and I think that you were born into this . I only wish I had your percerverence and talent . I was trying to buy a half bust from China and it got cancelled , so I kind of gave up . This all started when I was trying to put something in the corner of my home gym as I wanted a conversation piece .
I don't really have the real estate in the corner to put a full size Endo with the guns , but if his arms we're bent less it would work .
I'd love to do what you've done and create my own someday , as I don't really want to spend 10 grand right now . Plus I'd like to motorize one of the arms to bang on the glass case occasionally lol .
So I'm looking at your build closely trying to learn and I have one question , are you going to build all the parts and then after your happy with the results , recast them in resin for the final build?
I'm absolutely blown away from what you've accomplished from cardboard . I have a lot of wood working tools and it should help me a percentage . Now I just need the practice . I've done a lot of custom car audio installs in the past , so I'm no stranger to fibreglass , mdf, and bondo etc.
The tough part is how you got the ratios of part sizes done so well . Wish there was a guide for that somewhere. I would never consider trying to replicate the head , and I'm blown away by how you've done it so incredibly well , but I could definitely see trying to build the body parts .
I can hardly wait to see your Endo completed !

Last edited:
Btw , if I win the Lottory I'm going to buy you a large 3D printer and a scanner . This way when you have to do a modification you can just tweak the scanned version and re print it lol .

I found your project by accident so I joined today. I have to say you have mad skills, and I think that you were born into this . I only wish I had your percerverence and talent . I was trying to buy a half bust from China and it got cancelled , so I kind of gave up . This all started when I was trying to put something in the corner of my home gym as I wanted a conversation piece .
I don't really have the real estate in the corner to put a full size Endo with the guns , but if his arms we're bent less it would work .
I'd love to do what you've done and create my own someday , as I don't really want to spend 10 grand right now . Plus I'd like to motorize one of the arms to bang on the glass case occasionally lol .

First off, thank you very much for your positive feedback! :)

So I'm looking at your build closely trying to learn and I have one question , are you going to build all the parts and then after your happy with the results , recast them in resin for the final build?
I'm absolutely blown away from what you've accomplished from cardboard . I have a lot of wood working tools and it should help me a percentage . Now I just need the practice . I've done a lot of custom car audio installs in the past , so I'm no stranger to fibreglass , mdf, and bondo etc.

Yes my intention is to build all of the pieces from scratch - and then mold and cast them in resin and/or fiberglass to make a durable endo that will stand the test of time! :D
It's a huge task to build the endo as there are literally hundreds of parts that has to be created! Before this project I had no real previous knowledge in sculpting, molding, casting or anything like that, so it's pretty much trial and error for me as I go along!

The tough part is how you got the ratios of part sizes done so well . Wish there was a guide for that somewhere. I would never consider trying to replicate the head , and I'm blown away by how you've done it so incredibly well , but I could definitely see trying to build the body parts .

To get the proper measurements I pretty much measured my own body and then I added some height and width taking Arnies body mass from T1 into consideration.
Also I have a TON of reference material on the various parts that I have gathered over the years! :)
Then I stumbled upon a couple of "blueprints" on some of the endo parts, where some of the guys over at endobuildersclub.com had gathered measurements from a real endo. Turns out, I got most of the measurement right by my method, so that was a relief! :p

If you decide to give the endo a try, I recommend joining the endobuildersclub. It's a great source for information and reference material - not to mention the very helpful members and staff!

I can hardly wait to see your Endo completed !
I can hardly wait to see it finished either - But it's a slow process! :$

Last edited:
Thanks for the info . Funny you mentioned that club as I just seen it this morning and wasn't aware there was such a site . Goes to show you what a cult following the Endo has . I'm 53 and still find it fascinating . I only wish I took a career path as a machinest , as it would sure help with fabricating to make parts of an Endo animatronic . I have worked with linear actuators but not sure if they could be integrated into an Endo that well without seeing the motor . Stepper motors may work in the shoulder area though .
I doubt I'd ever complete one and will eventually buy a kit that someone else has casted . One comes up on eBay on occasion from Australia but the feedback on it wasn't fantastic.

You obviously have a knack for this and should probably be working in Hollywood lol

Indeed the terminator endoskeleton is iconic and has lots of fans! :) I have seen quite a few scratch builds over the years that inspired me to start my own build!
You should give it a go! You never know what you are capable of until you try - and having a moving endoskeleton would be totally badass!

I have heard people buying kits online but in some cases it seems that the pieces are distorted and needs a huge amount of work to get ready for paint...
Some even said it would be easier building the pieces from scratch! (Which I doubt!) :D

Thank you! That means a lot! :)

Well I thought you were doing very well and then I got to the part where you were going to attempt the head , and I said " no way he's going to pull that off ! " . Well low and behold you pulled that off to and amazed me ever further . I had to show my co workers your accomplishments this morning and they were just blown away .

I'd have to retire to find the time to attempt this lol , so I'll leave it to you experts . But it sure looks like a lot of fun !

Thanks guys, I'm so glad you like it! My goal is to have the skull ready for molding 1½ week from now, when me and my wife are having our second baby!
I figure I wont be getting much work done once the second kid arrives! :D

Well early congratulations on your second child . These kids are going to have the coolest dad around !

I have a HCG Endo bust and wish I could have contributed to your project if you needed measurements back then , but it looks like you've got it well under control . Actually I think yours looks better

That skull is unbelieveably good. Fabulous work.
X2
That is the part that blew me away . I read the thread from the beginning and when I got to the part where the head was going to attempted , I was a little concerned as just couldn't see it being done well . Guess I was proved wrong and then some . Although I'd like to try , I doubt I have what it takes to pull that off

Wow! Every time I come across a build thread around here, I'm blown away all over again. I'm not a huge Terminator guy (though I love the movies), but your build makes me want to do one! You're creative, driven, and you just knock challenges down -- learning molding and casting for instance. Just awesome! I'm very impressed!

Haha I'll let you know as soon as I offer them! ;)

-And as if you guys weren't tired of watching me work on the skull, here is some more work done on the skull! :p

I noticed the eye-sockets were too wide which made the overall appearance a bit "alien" so i decided to bring them in a bit.
I also went in and flattened the right eyebrow a bit, as it was too round.
247.jpg

248.jpg

While I had my dremel out I made room for the new chompers:
249.jpg

And for the jaw:
250.jpg

Here are the new bigger teeth in place:
251.jpg

And here I have done some work on the gums, and re-sculpted the sides of the eye sockets:
252.jpg

253.jpg

And here he is with his new chompers, after a quick sanding:
254.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back