Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton

chanfan

Hey guys! I'm not really new on this forum but I've never posted anything before so I thought I'd give it a go and show you what I'm working on!

Apparently I was posting in the hacked site previously, so here I go again!

I'm currently building the Terminator Endoskeleton from scratch!
Materials I'm using includes cardboard, wood, papier maché, bondo, whatever I can get my hands on basically! I'm currently using a thai recast endoskull. It's about 10% smaller than the real thing so I'm thinking of modeling one from scratch later on!
Here are some progress pictures leading up to what I have so far:

03.jpg

07.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

25.jpg

28.jpg

After applying some papier maché:
41.jpg

Here's a shot of the over all progress! I resized the head in photoshop to get the right size!
47.jpg

54.jpg

And yeah, this is pretty much how far I have come. I'm working on reinforcing the arms with a wooden frame and I'm building all the joints from wood.
52.jpg

wrcromu

WOW !! You did an amazing job !! A very great start, will follow this thread with attention... Great job, keep the good work !!

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Seriously cool. I love your use of mixed mediums.

Those that can, do. Those that can't, necropost Off Topic threads.

toothboy

I have no experience with paper mache...is this going to be your final surface coat before priming and painting? Can you sand it to get it smooth?

chanfan

Thanks guys!
Toothboy, I had no prior experience with papier maché either, before this project but it's really great! It's like a powder that you mix with water and you get like a thick bondo like consistency. Once cured it's rock hard and easy to sand smooth! I'll probably apply a thin layer of body filler or something on top of the papier maché just to be able to do some wet sanding before I prime and paint!

allosaur176

Sr Member
Thanks guys!
Toothboy, I had no prior experience with papier maché either, before this project but it's really great! It's like a powder that you mix with water and you get like a thick bondo like consistency. Once cured it's rock hard and easy to sand smooth! I'll probably apply a thin layer of body filler or something on top of the papier maché just to be able to do some wet sanding before I prime and paint!
or you can leave it rough the way it is, paint it dark, and have a T-700

chanfan

Did some work on the shoulders and upper arms today, no pics yet though! Sorry!
I'll post some tomorrow!

Alaneye

What a great build! Fantastic skills on disply here. Well done and I can't wait to see more.

Al