The Terminator (1984) 1:1 Arnold Schwarzenegger Bust With Light Up Eye

Cam McFly

This is my first time painting a life size, human bust. I'm really happy (and frankly, surprised) with how it came out, so I figured I'd post it here.

(Sorry for the picture quality, I took the pictures with my phone and turns out the new iPhone likes to auto sharpen everything)

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0965.JPG
IMG_0957.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0955.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG

The base is a resin cast Stage 5 Terminator 2 bust. I ultimately changed the wardrobe to better match the original 1984 look, as I have always preferred that to the T2 version. The body was built out with cardboard and the jacket is taken from an old Halloween jacket I used for a Mad Max costume. The stand is just a cheap tripod from Walmart.

Painted using various spray paints for a base flesh and some basic acrylic paints for the detailed areas. The only part that didn't come out as good as I wish it had was the human eye, but considering it's going to mainly be displayed with the sunglasses on it's not that big of an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0958.JPG
    IMG_0958.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 195
i like your take on it, i would go in with some washes of colour like dark brown to soften the stark look of the red and bring out the pores with more washes, just a suggestion, very cool piece

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back