Scratch built Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton

Thanks for all the positive feedback! :)

Here's a new update:

I did some work smoothing out the lower spine ,primed it and now it's ready for a second round of putty and sanding! :p
207.jpg

And YES, I'm STILL working on the bloody skull!
I decided to revisit the skull as I wasn't too happy about over all shape and symmetry. So here I am chopping up a cast to re-align the pieces for a more symmetrical appearance:
202.jpg

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

206.jpg

More to come, soon!

Snyggt! :)
Keep up the good work.

Making an endo skull more symmetrical is something I have wanted to do or at least see ever since I noticed how asymmetrical it really is :p

superb work:thumbsup I remember theres discussion of the round piece detail part on the chasis,cant recall where I read bout it.
Its from Hasegawa kit.

Don

I am tired of using the word amazing her on the forum ...but this is just amazing ;) there are so many incredible talented people here and you are definitely one of them ;)

keep up the good work my dear neighbor

Good afternoon friend, please So far you've had to send me the files of ODP T-800 to my E-mail piterrock@gmail.com, I'm from Brazil and here it is very difficult to find these files and the internet thanks poddemos meet people from everyone and share things and would appreciate your help if posível, thank you very much and congratulations ótimotrabalho with the T-800.

chanfan: If you don't mind my asking, as I didn't read though the whaole thread, but can you tell me whee you found your models? Did you draw them yourself, of did you find them on the net?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! :) clonesix, I did some measurements on my 18 inch neca endo and over at endobuildersclub there are some measurements from the real endo! But i drew all of the templates for my cardboard base structure myself! Are you thinking of building one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never stopped thinking about building one sice 1984.

You have photo documented your build so nicely, it is hard not to think of whipping one up. I wouldn't mind trying to cut out thouse shapes out of foam-core rather than corregated cardboard. Even though he is supposed to be human-size, i wondered if there were a standard set of drawings for the endo, as there are for R2-D2s. I went to the Endo-Builders site and it said that the site had no posts. OK, so maybe I need to register. I tried. I am waiting to hear. Maybe it was a dead board.

The thing is, the endo is so popular amongst 3D artists, that there are all kinds of renderings online. I am not computer savy enough to use any of these to my advantage. I am a pencil and ruler kind of guy.

I have never stopped thinking about building one sice 1984.

You have photo documented your build so nicely, it is hard not to think of whipping one up. I wouldn't mind trying to cut out thouse shapes out of foam-core rather than corregated cardboard. Even though he is supposed to be human-size, i wondered if there were a standard set of drawings for the endo, as there are for R2-D2s. I went to the Endo-Builders site and it said that the site had no posts. OK, so maybe I need to register. I tried. I am waiting to hear. Maybe it was a dead board.

The thing is, the endo is so popular amongst 3D artists, that there are all kinds of renderings online. I am not computer savy enough to use any of these to my advantage. I am a pencil and ruler kind of guy.

I am a member and the EndoBuilders forum isn't dead, you just wont see any posts until you're registered and logged in since it is a private forum ;)
I have yet to see a good CGI endoskeletton.

Hey guys! I've been doing quite alot of work on my endo but I haven't had the time to update any of the forums.
I'm currently working on a endo blog where I'll try to post everything I do: Welcome to T-Builder | T-build

My V2 endoskull is well on the way: with most of the basic stuff in place.
The shape is now much more symmetrical.
218.jpg

217.jpg

216.jpg

I have also been doing some re-tooling of the chest piece to make it more flat in the front. It had a wierd bulge below the centre ridge that I got rid of.
213.jpg

214.jpg

215.jpg

Oh and I almost forgot, i did a paint test on one of my V1 skulls - and I have found the perfect color with the perfect finish!
This is plastkote's brilliant silver.
I actually prefer this more metal looking endo compared to the perfectly clean chrome versions:
208.jpg

I gave half of the skull a gloss black base coat and the other half was just gray primer.
(this was just a quick test so I didn't prep the surface properly so it was still a bit rough, and I only sprayed the front part of the skull.)
209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

In this pic you can clearly see how asymmetrical my V1 endoskull is - and that's why I decided to do a V2:
219.jpg

Hey guys! New update!
Progress on my V.2 Endoskull

I have been doing some more work on my V.2 Endoskull trying to get is as symmetrical as I possibly can, while working on the basic shapes and some of the bigger details.
220.jpg

I've added the slots in the back of the skull, using the part from my V.1 Endoskull and puttied it into place. Then I added clay and filler to get it merged.
221.jpg

I will reshape the holes using my dremel to get them in the same size.

I have also begun to sculpt the ridge details on the side of the skull. First I drew the details on the skull to make sure it was right, then I went in with the clay and built the shapes. It's still in a rough state so it will need some trimming and sanding.
222.jpg

There are lots of indents that I will use my dremel to carve out.

Finally, here's a spin-table of the whole thing in its current state.
headspin_small.jpg

Here's the current endoskull madness you will face if you enter my office/workshop:
225.jpg

I've been sanding and shaping up the V.2 Endoskull to get a smooth finish before I add the remaining details.

Here's the first shot of primer:
220_0.jpg

After that I sanded the whole thing and added a layer of thinned down "clay water" to cover all the small dents:
221_2.jpg

This was also sanded:
222_0.jpg

223.jpg

And hit with a new shot of primer:
224.jpg

I will be sanding this down even further and add a new layer of thinned down clay to make it supersmooth, and then I will start adding the remaining details.

lovin' it. I had to give up on my endo a long time ago... I'll try one eventualy, but for now I am happy with my "easier" projects. LOL

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back