Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Re: Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Isel maybe its more what an individual is willing to call acceptable, if your happy, your level of quality is lower than mine? Thats not a bash at ya buddy....just how i see it and my hull is pretty poor.

Lee,

No offense taken. Overall I'm happy. It's not perfect, I plan on making some changes for personal taste. It should look awesome when all put together.

Isel

Last edited:

Lee,
I´m actually really happy with mine, looking forward to see your pics, as a comparison to my hull.

Hi Lee,

You backed out of my list, so I never actually sold you a kit? - I never professed to have got all the parts despite asking on the forum here. Some times I got help, often though people couldn't offer any suggestions. So in some areas I had to do the best I could.

I did get enough kit parts and good reference to make it proportionally very accurate...in my opinion. I posted countless pictures of my progress so that when the time came to sell the kits everyone had seen what I had done. I was even complimented, possibly by youreslf on offering such high rez pics.

The Hulls have been a struggle for me to make. But I would hope they are not awful. Not sure how you came by yours?

Anyway, this seems a good point for me to announce that as of now I've stopped producing the Snowspeeder kit. Another talented member far better equipped to handle the production of the kit will be taking over soon and will carry on with client list in the order that I have it so no one will lose out. The turnaround time on kits will be MUCH faster that I could ever do so people will also get kits far more quickly. He will also carry on additional kit bashing work to finally clear up the odd areas that need more work.

So that's it. No more garage kits for me. ( is that a cheer I hear from Lee!)Good luck to everyone with all their various projects. I shall leave this thread in the capable hands of another, who can announce his plans to you in his own time.

Signing out for the last time................

N

Wow thats really sad. Good luck Nick I hope you'll still be building foryourself at the least.
I hope the person who's taking over this kit speaks up soon cause I want to know when Im going to get mine :confused

Hi Lee,

You backed out of my list, so I never actually sold you a kit? - I never professed to have got all the parts despite asking on the forum here. Some times I got help, often though people couldn't offer any suggestions. So in some areas I had to do the best I could.

I did get enough kit parts and good reference to make it proportionally very accurate...in my opinion. I posted countless pictures of my progress so that when the time came to sell the kits everyone had seen what I had done. I was even complimented, possibly by youreslf on offering such high rez pics.

The Hulls have been a struggle for me to make. But I would hope they are not awful. Not sure how you came by yours?

Anyway, this seems a good point for me to announce that as of now I've stopped producing the Snowspeeder kit. Another talented member far better equipped to handle the production of the kit will be taking over soon and will carry on with client list in the order that I have it so no one will lose out. The turnaround time on kits will be MUCH faster that I could ever do so people will also get kits far more quickly. He will also carry on additional kit bashing work to finally clear up the odd areas that need more work.

So that's it. No more garage kits for me. ( is that a cheer I hear from Lee!)Good luck to everyone with all their various projects. I shall leave this thread in the capable hands of another, who can announce his plans to you in his own time.

Signing out for the last time................

N

This is a true loss of an artist. For what it is worth Nick.... You did MUCH better than most with your very first, and only kit produced. I will be proud to display the two I have when they are built. :) Thank you again. :D

On another note.... A few weeks ago, after receiving an email from Nick regarding his new path he will be following, I put out a mass email to some of you and it was promptly answered by many with positive possibilities. After receiving a call from Steve today.... I am happy to say this kit is continuing through NICE-N Model Designs after Steve made a deal with Nick. :) Thank you for stepping up Steve! :D And thank you to all who were considering it. :) This is a kit that I believe should always be available to builders and fans as it is one of the finest Star Wars designs done... and will always be a wanted item. I again thank Nick for his great creation (GREAT JOB! :D) and for staying on top of the orders and never getting caught in that quicksand of taking pre-order money to make what he offered. Very wise. I also thank Steve for taking over this kit.... as we all know that Steve will also probably add some studio detail that some will demand. Great job to all involved. :D

Nick.... you will be missed my friend.... please keep in touch mate. :D

Not a cheer Nick...pretty saddening actually so good luck....but i stress again, the QC on mainly the hulls could have been a ton better.....ive airbubbles, on air bubbles......and id have to fill literally every panel line to get a clean scribe......ah well, teach me to give in to my own standards and get into GK's again i guess.
The hull is being fully replicated in styrene from your dims....im just taking the measures and copying it onto 2mm HIPS (what a pain in the butt that is) itll take me around the same time to rebuild the hull, as it would to clean the resin one up...and seeing as im adding RC to the flaps, id rather it be a clean sweep.
I realise the guys who have kits are happy, fair play to them, but i have higher standards in afraid.
Heres to hoping Steve can knock this one out well, im sure he will, and in the meantime, any parts that i find along the way, that were missed or scratched on the original master, ill be shooting them over to him.

lee

Thanks for the support guys.

A few weeks ago it became clear that as we need to move out of where we are to save money I would be without a workshop for about a year. As its also taking me far too long IMO to make the kits, it seemed the best thing to sell on the project and enable those who want a kit to get one alot faster than they would if I was still doing it.

Steve and I have yet to actually complete the deal but I expect to get it all sorted in the next few days. What will be a V2 Speeder should incorporate the accuracy that I feel we have got with the proportions ( Thanks to Dan Satterthwaite for help with the dims) ,and a fresh level of kit bashing. I will be helping Steve do a new set of instructions as I've had very good feedback over the ones I've done for the V1 Speeder.

Steve is also better set up to resin cast the hulls which will ensure greater lightness and consistancy. - Lee if you've got a bad set of hulls from somewhere I'm sorry. I've had good feedback from others. I was applying epoxy during a very cold spell on a couple of kits and it didn't always work in as well as I would have liked. No excuse, but that's all I can think of it being.

Anyway, I will be building again but for a while my workshop will be packed away in storage. I'm thinking I will look to doing more one off stuff for collectors rather than production runs.

Cheers
Nick

PS: Just to confirm, everone who is on my list for a Speeder kit will be transferred over to Steve in the order they currently are so no one gets bumped off or down the list. Seems the fairest thing to do. After that its over to Steve.

N

Nick i didnt just get them from "somewhere"...i got my kit from a very good friend, who was in fact going to gift it out to me after i lost my cool after the "walking wallets" that dont build, just pay, got in the list first TBH.
This said "gift" was paid for in the end as im not that type of guy.....so yes it was a production hull, not found in a skip somewhere, and yes it could well be from being laid down in the cold....which TBH, completely sucks and should NOT in that case have shipped anyway, but, nevermind, ill make good from your dims....my work....ya know, people settle for so much less in this day and age!

lee

Guys… I will be finalizing the transaction with Nick in the next few days… Nick has attempted to pull off a huge kit in his first production run! I congratulate him on his effort! I will be taking over the run as it exists now. However like the Tydirium Shuttle we will make an attempt to place more accurate details on the replica before making molds. I have a few ideas on making the hulls one piece roto cast and still allow entry to the interior by making most of the rear details plant ons to the joined roto cast hull. I’m not sure any production run can meet the accuracy that a 1 of studio model but I will endeavor to make the snow speeder as accurate as possible. I will stick to Nicks list and once patterns are dressed and molds are made I will attempt to ship 5 a week until the list is complete. Questions.. please pm or email me directly sneisen@bresnan.net
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize there is a lot going on with the switch. Nick I commend you on what you have accomplished over the last few years with this project. If it doesn't bog down the process, could Steve or Nic post the current list of people wanting a speeder just so we can collectively see where we stand?

Thanks

Hi Eric,

This has actually been in the back of mind to do, as it would set out clearly where everone is and prevent a steady stream of querys going to Steve.

If you can all bear with me for a little while though. I'm away from home at the moment as my brother died at the weekend and I'm having to sort out alot of things with my mum.

Will speak to Steve about this and get it sorted as soon as I can.

Regards
Nick

I realize there is a lot going on with the switch. Nick I commend you on what you have accomplished over the last few years with this project. If it doesn't bog down the process, could Steve or Nic post the current list of people wanting a speeder just so we can collectively see where we stand?

Thanks

very sorry Nick, As Alan said are thoughts are with you at this very sad time for your family. I hope you can find the strength to be a rock for your mum over the next few months.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back