Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Found this for $8.00 at a local thrift shop. Had to order a clip for it and still need to paint the stock.

SuperSoakerTornadoStrikeRepaintNF.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/dbcooper2/Weapons/SuperSoakerTornadoStrikeRepaintF.jpg

This is such an addictive hobby. I can't stop. I have purchase so many Nerf guns in the past 2 weeks and my son thinks I am the greatest dad in the world. he doesn't realize I am buying them for me. :lol

Best,
DBCooper

This is such an addictive hobby. I can't stop. I have purchase so many Nerf guns in the past 2 weeks and my son thinks I am the greatest dad in the world. he doesn't realize I am buying them for me. :lol

Best,
DBCooper

I had to show this to my wife this post. She laughed as this is me as well. My son is almost 3 and excited about shooting the cat down the hallway.

Thought I'd put up my latest Nerf mod. The last few I've done haven't been 'Nerf', but this is a Nerf Vortex Proton. I love the Fallout series, so this is a homage to that. I also did my first non-blaster prop in the form of the PIP-Pad homage. The photos don't really show up the basic electrics (Nerf has a flick switch with yellow LED and Pad has a lit screen and glowing green power-cell chamber).

fallout-nerf-pistol-mod-pip-pad-mod-03.jpg

fallout-nerf-pistol-mod-pip-pad-mod-both.jpg

More pictures at facebook.. sorry I know the quality is rubbish.. my iPhone.

Hey peoples,

Loving the new stuff you all are posting, glad to see some other dads are winning cool points with the kids :) I have quite a bit of stuff to post here tonight and in the next few days, sorry I've been burning my candle on 3 ends (didn't know it was possible..hehe). Stay tuned and keep posting up new stuff!!

Pick up some Nerf guns today off of Craigslist.

@Johnsonarms
Tech question:
Do you pull a part the guns, prime/paint them, than reassemble? The way you have them hanging to dry on some of your shop images it looks like you paint them whole.

This thread has been very inspiring. Thank you everyone for posting such great projects.

Cheers,
Robert

Sorry I missed this before! I do disassemble is the need is there, which it often it. The internals have a way of getting out of line and lord help ya if parts start popping out :) You can always find a tutorial to reassemble, but man that's a moral killer when you see all the parts helter-skelter :)

Lots of masking is the alternative and at around 2 hours to do a stampede, I'll tell you it's still not a fun thing to do, you just gotta do it anyways, hehe. I wish you luck with your finds!

Brian

Ok, some photos..

Lots of nerf scouts in the works..some of these you'll see are not quite finished
IMG_7379.jpg

IMG_7381.jpg

IMG_7409.jpg

IMG_7407.jpg

Longshot sniper rifle (awaiting bipod stock for an actual rifle) Scope was a stand in..a bit more detailing and it's all done
IMG_7411.jpg

IMG_7412.jpg

Spectre - Simple Dieselpunk look for a book trailer (becoming more popular I guess)
IMG_7393.jpg

IMG_7391.jpg

Almost done messing with this one :)
IMG_7403.jpg

Alternate Mass Effect themed Vigilon
IMG_7406.jpg

and to roud it off, another Lanard X8 in a brass and steel color combo
IMG_7387.jpg

IMG_7388.jpg

IMG_7389.jpg

more soon!

I'd love to try the snubnose too, but I'm too scared to take a hacksaw to my Mav lol. I don't think I could ever the the cut straight. Awesome job BZ77.

Just about finished on some guns, here's a few I got photos of last night!

Steampunk styles..
IMG_7404.jpg

IMG_7417.jpg

Alien gun, kinda has a Needler look to it :)
IMG_7414-1.jpg

Two of the three Mass Effect themed guns I'm doing for a photo
IMG_7420.jpg

Mass Effect Alternate PJ
IMG_7412-1.jpg

Small film prop, didn't require the logos being removed...
IMG_7411-1.jpg

I have some bigger stuff on the way, these were some that I worked on in the free time between painting. Thanks for checking them out and let me know if you have anything you're needing for Halloween :)

That's it! I'm hooked too! This is the most addictive hobby I have yet tried. I totally agree with DBCooper! Kudos to Johnson Arms, and Nerfenstein. Thank you for some great inspiration! I will post results as soon as I finish something worthy of showing off. ;-)

Like that muzzle on the steampunk Maverick - looks cool. :)

Though I'd be terrified of getting that vacuum tube knocked off or broken.

Like that muzzle on the steampunk Maverick - looks cool. :)

Though I'd be terrified of getting that vacuum tube knocked off or broken.

Don't worry, I have extras! ;)

That's it! I'm hooked too! This is the most addictive hobby I have yet tried. I totally agree with DBCooper! Kudos to Johnson Arms, and Nerfenstein. Thank you for some great inspiration! I will post results as soon as I finish something worthy of showing off. ;-)

I hope you will, this is definitely a place to share what ya made. Glad to have you here!

I just logged in to check that out! Thanks a lot!

More great work! Those new style guns really look great with a new paint job.

Just started on the Praxis. That one's going to be a challenge :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back