Nerf Gun Props? YES!

No big deal.

I been feeling like a zombie at work, lately. Should not have stayed up 'til 2 AM watching The Thing. Don't feel awake until after lunch. I drink enough Diet Coke to kill a moose.

-Mike J.

There are no proper words to express the awesomeness I am seeing in this thread!

I am thinking of doing a "Men in Black" agent costume for Halloween. I'm assuming the supersoakers would work better for that than the Nerf lineup, am I right? I can't match the chrome finish most of their bigger guns had, but I can get close.

There are no proper words to express the awesomeness I am seeing in this thread!

I am thinking of doing a "Men in Black" agent costume for Halloween. I'm assuming the supersoakers would work better for that than the Nerf lineup, am I right? I can't match the chrome finish most of their bigger guns had, but I can get close.

Some of the more funkier designs would be perfect for MIB weapons.

Some of the more funkier designs would be perfect for MIB weapons.

I will do a search on my own, but just to cover all bases, couls someone suggest some rifle-length or sized Nerf guns that might look good as M.I.B. weaponry? I will see if they are available at my local department store.

I will do a search on my own, but just to cover all bases, couls someone suggest some rifle-length or sized Nerf guns that might look good as M.I.B. weaponry? I will see if they are available at my local department store.

Best thing to do is just go take a look at the guns at toysrus or wherever and you can get ideas from all the models. I was asked to do a MIB gun a while back, may have to give it a try sometime

Best thing to do is just go take a look at the guns at toysrus or wherever and you can get ideas from all the models. I was asked to do a MIB gun a while back, may have to give it a try sometime

I wish Korea had a Toys R Us! Not complaining too much though, our proximity to Japan gives us access to toys you guys might not even know exist!

My feeble attempt at River Song's gun, from Doctor Who -

river_song_gun__dr_who_prop_by_hordriss-d48q6lw.jpg

Used the Nerf Nightfinder, or something like that.

Not sure why the picture came out the wrong way up...

That's a great idea! What are you going to do about the big orange plug on the top? Or you going to cut it or leave it? Also, should I sand down the logos on the gun, or just hide them really well with the paint?

I have been making sure the guns I do still work, so I'll just be sanding and painting the plug. Hiding the logos with paint would be a dog I would think, sand them if possible. I just did an Alyx Vance pistol (inspired not literally) and didn't quite get the Nerf logo off and the paint didn't cover it.

How are you getting on with your project?

@Hordriss - Evil minds think alike.. that exact mod is on my list! Nightfinder to River Song pistol.

Okay, have to ask: where'd you get the base for it from?

It was made by a gentleman here on RPF, of course :) Check for my thread where he responded about the paint and he also posted the original PJ he did that also looks really nice. Sorry I can't recall his screen name at the moment! Wonderful quality

Looks like Nerf is the weaponry of choice in 85 million years ago, at least if Terra Nova is to be believed. Heroguy McBlandy's sidearm is a modified NiteFinder:

picture2pq.png

scaled.php

And I'm pretty sure the Sixther's rifles use Nerf Recon parts:

picture4ux.png

Not sure about the body, but the butt end of the stock is definitely from the Nerf line.

Hi folks,

just stumbled over this forum today while looking for inspiration how to "optically enhance" some NERF guns - great source of inspiration here!!!

The stock looks like from a NERF Raider CS-35...

To give something back I have attached two pics of my Maverick REV-6, Mad Max-style.

Cheers,

Vulture

Interesting discovery. I DVR'd the show but havnet watched it yet. After seeing the various TV spots leading up to the premiere, I was curious if the guns were modified toys.

They definitely use some Nerf parts. I think we oughtta start a separate thread if we're gonna dig deep into Terra Nova props, though.

-MJ

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back