Star Trek TOS Communicator from The Wand Company

The Wand Company posted this on their Facebook page yesterday,

We are pleased to announce (at last) that our new Communicator will officially start shipping to you, our patient pre-order customers all over the world next week on Wednesday 22nd June. Thank you for your long suffering support as we wrestled our way through the various technical, logistical and regulatory issues that needed to be overcome to bring this beauty to market. We very much hope that you will feel that the wait has been worth it.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked and speechless. I can't think of a thing to say. So speechless, in fact, that even the simplest of comments escapes me utterly. I have no idea what to bring forth from my keyboard, because the clatter of communicator candy has locked my lips in a paroxysm of paralysis. I'm lock-jawed, silenced before my time, hurled into a Hades of apoplectic aphasia. Zip-lipped, my larynx liquefies into a languid lull. I haven't got a clue as to how to comment, my prescriptive peroratory preferences petrified by Wah Chang's revenge. My standard syllabic stamina is savagely seized by slack-jawed stoogery. My perspicacity has perished!

Also, WOOHOO!! :p

BlazingSaddles_Gibberish.jpg
RABBR!
:p

BlazingSaddles_Gibberish.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You use your tongue prettier than a $20.00 *****! :D

I'm absolutely gobsmacked and speechless. I can't think of a thing to say. So speechless, in fact, that even the simplest of comments escapes me utterly. I have no idea what to bring forth from my keyboard, because the clatter of communicator candy has locked my lips in a paroxysm of paralysis. I'm lock-jawed, silenced before my time, hurled into a Hades of apoplectic aphasia. Zip-lipped, my larynx liquefies into a languid lull. I haven't got a clue as to how to comment, my prescriptive peroratory preferences petrified by Wah Chang's revenge. My standard syllabic stamina is savagely seized by slack-jawed stoogery. My perspicacity has perished!

Also, WOOHOO!! :p

I think Brooks was deliberately riffing on that -- it's Treasure of the Sierra Madre, a classic and one of Bogey's three best performances IMO (the other two being African Queen and The Caine Mutiny).

Sorry for derailing, not my intention to hijack. Having said that, we're turning this thread around and going to Cuba. :p

Last edited:
To get back on the communicator..LOL

The wand company released on Facebook the following….

We are pleased to announce (at last) that our new Communicator will officially start shipping to you, our patient pre-order customers all over the world next week on Wednesday 22nd June. Thank you for your long suffering support as we wrestled our way through the various technical, logistical and regulatory issues that needed to be overcome to bring this beauty to market. We very much hope that you will feel that the wait has been worth it.

So, next Wednesday think geek and ST.com and worldwide retailers will ship the comm, also some guy said his was shipped today so maybe we may get ours shipped sooner. Im am considering upgrading to 2 day shipping if possible on think geek

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back