Wand Company Phaser P1 jewel/Power Indicator

JonnyRingo1966

Greetings all...new member here so I am not yet familiar with how to navigate this site. Please forgive me if this has already been discussed in another thread. I just acquired an open-box Wand Phaser at an amazing price. I would like to add a watchcrown jewel to the P1. My concern is the risk of damage to the phaser electronics if I drill a small inset hole for the watch crown. Has anyone else done this already? Can someone who has taken the P1 apart confirm whether or not the hole can be drilled safely? Thanks all!

I sniped off most of the stem from the watch crown and then drilled a very small indentation in the P1, do not drill all the way through, that it fit into with a tiny amount of glue.

Thanks for the response! Removing the crown stem tube may actually be a better way to go...I'll give it a try. Did you go with a red or a blue jewel and why did you choose one over the other? Thanks again...

I always prefer the blue watch crown to the red jewel. I think the blue is more futuristic compared to the red. I guess its from growing up at the advent of the red LEDs which were so prevalent when I was young. Besides, the metal of the watch crown looks fancier, lol

I actually have both colors on different P1's but I always liked the look of the blue one so I went with that for my Wand P1. My JLong P1 has a red one.

I always prefer the blue watch crown to the red jewel. I think the blue is more futuristic compared to the red. I guess its from growing up at the advent of the red LEDs which were so prevalent when I was young. Besides, the metal of the watch crown looks fancier, lol
What about a red jewel watch crown.... The blue cabochon watch crown seems to be the most commonly seen, as far as I know. I'm on the fence for screen accuracy vs appearance. I also have several different color cabochon watch crowns...blue, red, green, amber, moonstone, purple, etc. I was considering going Samuel Jackson on the phaser with a purple one but I haven't decided yet. Thanks for your input!

Two Phaser One indicator lights made an appearance on the props in the series:

• The Blue Watchcrown indicator light on the “Finney Phaser”
    IMG_1443.jpeg
  • A Red Swarovski Jewel on the “Nona Phaser”.
IMG_1444.jpeg

Last edited:
I was under the impression that a red cabochon watch crown was used at some point as well. Is this incorrect?

It’s never been identified on the 4 known heroes that have been documented.

A ruby cabochon, removed form a watch crown, was seen as the center jewel indicator on the Kappa Communicator.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back