Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

Thanks for the videolink...but its hard to say how louder it is in the video or not.
What would you say how much % is it louder with the drills inside?

Thanks for the videolink...but its hard to say how louder it is in the video or not.
What would you say how much % is it louder with the drills inside?

I would agree its twice as loud. Just do it mark! lol

Sorry, I realized after that the video editor I used must have leveled the volumes. Here's the two videos separate: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ9cPBkX5v_nChDYJdQClu1IgJpL89NIW

I'd say it's almost ​twice as loud after doing these modifications and also much less muffled sounding.

Thanks for posting the vids! I also posted a review of this on amazon just to poke at all the haters saying the sound sucks. With this mod I don't think a speaker swap is necessary.

How much holes did you drilled in with what size?

As harmfuladam stated,the 1/4" drill bit works well.However I didnt notice any difference in sound..Could be because my batteries were not 100% and low budget batteries.

Also for anyone wanting to modify their blade to have that unstable look,I recommend these for the side emitters
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Gemmy-L...048341?hash=item464711a0d5:g:aGkAAOSwX~dWioqw and this technique for the main blade.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsGx3TnH3WI

Last edited:
Hey guys, since there are a ton of people in here that already own an FX saber, I though maybe one of you could help me out.
I have a 3D printed stand for my MR Vader Force FX blade, since the stock one wasn't to my liking. I want to make the same one for the Kylo blade, which I don't have yet. But I want to make sure the saber rests on it, nice and level. to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, here are some visuals:

Saber_stand_01.jpg Saber_stand_02.jpg

So there are two parts, one that you rest the hit on, one for the blade, mounting both pieces on the wall at the same hight results in a level blade. But I'm guessing that the Kylo saber has different dimensions, so to make sure that it wil rest level too, I'd love for someone to measure their hilt for me, if it's not too much trouble :)

Saber_stand_03.jpg
If someone could take the time to measure the diamater of the hilt around the indicated spot on te photo above, that would be great :)
Also, I'm guessing the diameter of the blade is still 25 millimeters, is that correct?
Thanks.

Saber_stand_01.jpg

Saber_stand_02.jpg

Saber_stand_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, since there are a ton of people in here that already own an FX saber, I though maybe one of you could help me out.
I have a 3D printed stand for my MR Vader Force FX blade, since the stock one wasn't to my liking. I want to make the same one for the Kylo blade, which I don't have yet. But I want to make sure the saber rests on it, nice and level. to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, here are some visuals:

View attachment 580463 View attachment 580464

So there are two parts, one that you rest the hit on, one for the blade, mounting both pieces on the wall at the same hight results in a level blade. But I'm guessing that the Kylo saber has different dimensions, so to make sure that it wil rest level too, I'd love for someone to measure their hilt for me, if it's not too much trouble :)

View attachment 580465
If someone could take the time to measure the diamater of the hilt around the indicated spot on te photo above, that would be great :)
Also, I'm guessing the diameter of the blade is still 25 millimeters, is that correct?
Thanks.

Its 6" inches around the mid section where your mark is or 1.91 inches diameter.The blade is the same old standard 1 inch blade
So the 6" =152.4 MM and the 1.91 diameter = 48.5 MM

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the fluorescent tube and clear gel mod with mine yesterday. Looks pretty awesome I have to say. Will probably drill the holes for louder sound next.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back