Wish Granting Machine

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Potion!

Yes, I also found Roger's back when I made my mini one in 2010. It's amazing. Mine is not mechanical at present, which is probably what took him so long. This replica took 38 days to complete.

amazing work as usual Nick! (any ETA on the new run of Tracy watches?)

Thanks lint! Yes, the watch has become a priority of mine this year. After the brass cases failed to plate correctly and they could not go out as promised, I decided to get them made appropriately such that they are of midrange dress watch quality that one would expect from major fashion labels. Long story short, this requires the rights, which requires financing, which requires a distribution deal, which requires time. I have a second meeting tomorrow with a potential distributor regarding this very topic! Fingers crossed for good news soon.

If this were mine, it would be in my livingroom, center-stage!

It would also be great in a foyer, a family room or a gameroom. Gosh, I'd put it in my bedroom, if nothing else!

Anyone know of a good costumer? I'm making this one, but am hoping to work with a good costumer on future copies or the miniature versions.

shut...... the..... front..... door!!

INCREDIBLE craftsmanship... just wow. :thumbsup

Hello all!

This is a show and tell for my latest prop replica of Zoltar Speaks from the movie, Big.

My friend in Toluca Lake, CA took photos and measurements of the original screen-used prop from which I designed the piece in Fusion 360.

There is still a bit to do yet—must age the cabinet with a dark wash, tweak the signage, and complete the costume—but, otherwise it's pretty much done!

Now ... where to put it? Hopefully, someone else's house. Maybe the children's museum over in Rye, NY where scenes from Big were shot! Though, I'm hoping to sell it and build something else.

View attachment 558481View attachment 558482View attachment 558483View attachment 558492View attachment 558485View attachment 558484View attachment 558493View attachment 558489View attachment 558494View attachment 558495

Here is a short progression of how I build the figure:

1) A 3D designed figure is the split into parts for printing.
image.jpg

2) The parts are printed in a clear resin.

image.jpg

3) The printed head parts are assembled, glued, sanded and filled with self hardening two-part resin clay onto a stacked torso made from insulation foam. This part was created using 123D Make from the same 3D model.
image.jpg

4) After the figure is smoothed out and primed, it's ready for molding and casting into clear plastic.
image.jpg

4). Once cast, the figure is painted with opaque colors except for the eyes which were painted with clear plastic tinted with translucent pigments.
image.jpg

Good news!

The Westchester Children's Museum in NY has purchased this Zoltar replica. I'm in the process of mechanizing it to work as it does in the film, Big.

If anyone else wants a copy of this replica, speak now. I'll be in the shop completing this one and can probably make up to four more while I'm at it before moving on to other projects.

Good news!

The Westchester Children's Museum in NY has purchased this Zoltar replica. I'm in the process of mechanizing it to work as it does in the film, Big.

If anyone else wants a copy of this replica, speak now. I'll be in the shop completing this one and can probably make up to four more while I'm at it before moving on to other projects.
Best to start a interest thread over in the JY as it is against forum rules to promote sales outside of there. This could quickly turn into a sales interest thread and mods will probably delete it.

Awesome job on this BTW! That is by far the best replica of this piece out there, and congrats on the sale to the museum :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back