Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

I was a Barnes and Noble last night and of all places they had the Rylo Ren and Luke black series force fx. They only had those two and one of each. After about a minute of begging my wife let me get the Luke. Trying to find any of these in Kentucky is like trying to find a person that doesn't like UK basketball, practically impossible! :D Ive noticed a few differences between these and the last generation of FX sabers that hasbro has made. Obviously the blade is not removable. Bummer, but the brightness, volume and motion swings are the best they have ever been. The bunny ears are actually metal, except for the part around the blade. And the hilt is fairly light, but there is still some weight to it. Much lighter than the 2005 Master Replicas Anakin. My guess is it is made from aluminum. Mine also came with just a few scratches on the hilt. A little over priced at $150 but mins the removable blade its the best version of these that have been put out. Ive got a real Graflex so the removable blade part doesn't but me as much. If only it had flash on clash too though.

I was a Barnes and Noble last night and of all places they had the Rylo Ren and Luke black series force fx. They only had those two and one of each. After about a minute of begging my wife let me get the Luke. Trying to find any of these in Kentucky is like trying to find a person that doesn't like UK basketball, practically impossible! :D Ive noticed a few differences between these and the last generation of FX sabers that hasbro has made. Obviously the blade is not removable. Bummer, but the brightness, volume and motion swings are the best they have ever been. The bunny ears are actually metal, except for the part around the blade. And the hilt is fairly light, but there is still some weight to it. Much lighter than the 2005 Master Replicas Anakin. My guess is it is made from aluminum. Mine also came with just a few scratches on the hilt. A little over priced at $150 but mins the removable blade its the best version of these that have been put out. Ive got a real Graflex so the removable blade part doesn't but me as much. If only it had flash on clash too though.

Nice! I've got the Luke on PO! Very much looking forward to it. I've got Kylo's and I think these new black series FX are a lot better than the older Hasbro FX sabers.

so a weird thought just occurred to me. i know A LOT of us are complaining about the volume on the black series Kylo lightsaber... but what if it's like that in film? because it's not a "refined" lightsaber. just a thought. (pretty much i'm just to justify the price of this lightsaber compared to the other models where it sounds loud and intimidating)

So I have been trying to decide on modifying the Kylo Ren to be brighter when I buy it or just go ahead and get the Luke Skywalker I can't decide! Can you help.

I'm modding my KR saber, I've already modded the battery pack to make it sound louder and am now making a sculpted sleeve for it. Ive never molded or sculpted anything before but i thought I'd give it a go. I think it'll look great once its cast clear. I'm gonna use a fluorescent tube protector as suggested here for the molding.

IMAG0343[1].jpgIMAG0345[1].jpgIMAG0315[1].jpg

I'm modding my KR saber, I've already modded the battery pack to make it sound louder and am now making a sculpted sleeve for it. Ive never molded or sculpted anything before but i thought I'd give it a go. I think it'll look great once its cast clear. I'm gonna use a fluorescent tube protector as suggested here for the molding.

View attachment 555069View attachment 555070View attachment 555071
How did you do the battery mod I would really like to know so when I get mine I could do that.

How did you do the battery mod I would really like to know so when I get mine I could do that.

Found the center of each face on the non weathered part of the battery pack and drilled a hole through it. I have center bits that self center but I'm sure a regular drill bit would work just as well. Then I weathered it with some black paint to match the rest of the part. The screw on cap was drilled with the appropriate size bit on the drill press then weathered as the holes were all shiny and new. It makes the volume on the saber a heck of a lot better, louder than my brothers Darth maul force fx w/ removable blade (which is quite loud).

Found the center of each face on the non weathered part of the battery pack and drilled a hole through it. I have center bits that self center but I'm sure a regular drill bit would work just as well. Then I weathered it with some black paint to match the rest of the part. The screw on cap was drilled with the appropriate size bit on the drill press then weathered as the holes were all shiny and new. It makes the volume on the saber a heck of a lot better, louder than my brothers Darth maul force fx w/ removable blade (which is quite loud).
Well I don'r really have it yet so I don't really know what that meant but, my dad has a really nice drill press that I could use so.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I don'r really have it yet so I don't really know what that meant but, my dad has a really nice drill press that I could use so.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll see it when you put in batteries. it'll all make sense. :) I dont know why they didnt cme from the factory like that, its such an easy fix.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back