Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

got mines today ( i ordered 2)
UK tax was £125 ///

Not bad... BUT i didnt received under suit gloves ..w t h ?

Under suits come in a separate shipment. The armour shipped first as one size fits all. The small, medium, large choices only applied to the soft goods.

Can I ask if you were tier 1 ($350) as £125 seems quite steep. I'm expecting my tax to be £70ish.

When I applied industrial strength velcro to my previous (2002) armor, I not only sanded the area but I also applied some super glue. The hooks and loops (either or both) gave out before the glue did. I had to use pliers to rip them out and glue in new velcro after about five years.

Scott

There should be a great big banner, right across the whole internet as this seems to be asked by everyone - no, the softgoods have not shipped yet - armor and non-sized stuff (strapping, neckseal) looks like it just drop-shipped from China through Anovos. The undersuit and gloves will need to be sorted at Anovos to size combinations for people, so they'll take a little longer to get out the door.

Picked up my box yesterday!!!! Haven't fully unpacked it, mostly because it's so huge I don't know where to lay everything out. Took the helmet out, and definetely be trimming some of the really flexible, thin plastic away from the eyes as the lense actually squishes it into the eye-hole when properly installed. Might also dissassemble the bucket and see if the faceplate needs to be repositioned - something looks off about it compared to the pics that have gone up here, although it might also just be looking at it in the mirror and not spending a whole lot of time with it yet. My brow trim goes ALL the way to the very edges, and even slightly beyond, the temple indendts, unlike a lot of the buckets which seem to stop halfway across the indents. The velcro holding the lense itself tore off on one side when I tried to remove the lense and reposition it, but that's an easy fix.All in all, the armor looks GOOD, and the cut lines so clear that I am experiencing almost none of the fear I had going into this about the assembly. Now to get serious about the all-metal E11 I've got started....

I just got mine in today. Glad I got in on Tier 1. The helmet is pretty disappointing tbh; the lenses are atrocious and need to just be taken out and refitted properly, there's quite noticeable overspray of grey paint from the frown, and the ears have enormous gaps to them. All of it is fixable, but if you're going to make me fix it then I'd rather have just assembled it myself.

I love the fact that they've kept the asymmetry of the original, but some areas (frown, eyes) look like they've been oversanded and sharpened up unnecessarily. The armour looks pretty good though I haven't done anything with it yet. Potentially a little flimsy, but I'm kind of assuming that's the nature of the beast when it comes to TK armour.

I'm looking forward to getting started on it though, hopefully it'll all go together nicely.

Under suits come in a separate shipment. The armour shipped first as one size fits all. The small, medium, large choices only applied to the soft goods.

Can I ask if you were tier 1 ($350) as £125 seems quite steep. I'm expecting my tax to be £70ish.

£125 must be because of 2 kits being delivered?

I'm with your thinking of £70...or less I hope!

Looking at the kit itself has anyone had issues with the shoulder bells. I've only had a quick look at the contents of the BBB put I noticed that one of the bells has an issue on the top with a raised bit of plastic which has come over the trim line..looks like a production flaw? I'm gonna take a closer look at the kit over the weekend to see if other parts are all ok.

ready to go trooping like a boss

Attachments

• 51n97y7wM-L._UL1500_.jpg
    51n97y7wM-L._UL1500_.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 90
Sorry i should said that.. YES 2 Kits .
Ive got some problems with Fedex.. i was tracking the parcel online and SURPRISE ! ((((( I WAS AT HOME WAITING for the boxes all day )))).. and they said I WAS NOT ! and they didnt even left a card ... damn it ... after 30 mis on the phone trying to make them redelivery the packet today.. they said NO and the only option is re delivery on Tuesday ...SOOOOO .I couldn't wait ..
i went to the Fedex office 20mins away from my place to pick up the boxes ...To my surprise haaha the boxes are huge.... so i Took one..walk all the way home .- pick up my skate
and back to pick up the other box ...

what a day...
IMG_8673.JPG ANOVOS on London streets ...

Sorry i should said that.. YES 2 Kits .
Ive got some problems with Fedex.. i was tracking the parcel online and SURPRISE ! ((((( I WAS AT HOME WAITING for the boxes all day )))).. and they said I WAS NOT ! and they didnt even left a card ... damn it ... after 30 mis on the phone trying to make them redelivery the packet today.. they said NO and the only option is re delivery on Tuesday ...SOOOOO .I couldn't wait ..
i went to the Fedex office 20mins away from my place to pick up the boxes ...To my surprise haaha the boxes are huge.... so i Took one..walk all the way home .- pick up my skate
and back to pick up the other box ...

what a day...
View attachment 587381 ANOVOS on London streets ...

You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it.

Tom

So where can you get the CA glue and kicker spray. Watching Trooper Bay put some armor together and looks better thank the E6000 for time and smell. Home Depot?

*figured it out, basically just crazy glue, many types out there.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, likely will use both for certain parts. Laspector, thanks for the assurance on the E6000, used it in the past but was some time ago and couldn't remember how well it performed.

That's true for the full set as well (boots and blaster), isn't it though? And I know - I keep trying to see how I'd be getting hosed on this deal - Where's the catch? There's gotta be a catch. $350 is less than even the crappiest fleabay recast, uncut styrene kits, WITHOUT a finished bucket.

- - - Updated - - -

$1850 for TK was the cheapest I have seen around. 1800 for unfinished FN from Anovos.

So where can you get the CA glue and kicker spray. Watching Trooper Bay put some armor together and looks better thank the E6000 for time and smell. Home Depot?

*figured it out, basically just crazy glue, many types out there.
CA = Cyano-Acrylate glue = Superglue.

It's like calling Advil Ibuprofen. ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back