IMG_3240.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3244.jpeg
    IMG_3244.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3243.jpeg
    IMG_3243.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Efx got me waiting to do the Armorer helmet this is my 3rd paint job still not happy to yellow I think , stared with Gloss Black , then Alclad Chrome and colour I used Tamiya clear yellow and orange mixed with thinners .

Attachments

• IMG_3250.png
    IMG_3250.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
Yeah so was I and I think personally in Book Of Boba and Mando season 3 the helmet looked so much better than in season 1 . I still have weathering to do so the colour will be toned down just feeling this is the best paint yet so will stick with it can't say I'm very keen on another repaint ha ha !

3A6E299D-B5D2-43B0-AC42-6EAD7D930BCA.jpeg

I used rustoleum “pure gold” on mine, then gave it multiple washes, this is the only picture I have of it right now

Horns I used Tamiya gun metal grey

Efx got me waiting to do the Armorer helmet this is my 3rd paint job still not happy to yellow I think , stared with Gloss Black , then Alclad Chrome and colour I used Tamiya clear yellow and orange mixed with thinners .
I’ve had pretty good results using the BarbatosRex method of mixing transparent yellow and transparent brown @ 50/50. Seems weird but it’s a really nice deep gold color.

Or you can always go the expensive route and do California Gold candy concentrate over alumaluster and 2k. Some of the best diy armorer paint jobs I’ve seen.

Then there’s the guy here who used fingernail powders over a red base and it looks absolutely killer. It escapes me right now who it was, possibly Indy.

Either way your helmet looks great, I think the weathering will really tone it down and bring it together.

Edit:
Link to Indy’s process, which looking at it again make me think it’s probably the best DIY method I’ve seen. Relatively cheap compared to other methods as well.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back