Graflex 2.0 Sabers - Show your work / Talk Electronics

Done!

I actually finished the build yesterday, but kept running into errors. Since I'm not using the Darth Ryo chassis, my recharge port wires kept getting snagged on the grip pegs inside. So I kept getting instances where it would work, then doing something later would not work. Like adding the kill key was fine, but then removing the bottom would cause the kill key to get caught and break the wires. Or thinking that the wire channel I dremeled was deep enough for the recharge port wires (it wasn't...even after the 2nd time I dremeled deeper). All in all, great learning experience in making my first saber. Can't wait to work on my next few in the future.

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to estimate if there's enough demand to do a run for an accurate beer tab replica for owners of a Korbanth 2.0 Graflex who are unhappy with the beer tab that comes with it.
What do you say? It'll be made in stainless steel and the price $10 including shipping (as always).
Please share in other threads or point me to it please! Thanks.

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to estimate if there's enough demand to do a run for an accurate beer tab replica for owners of a Korbanth 2.0 Graflex who are unhappy with the beer tab that comes with it.
What do you say? It'll be made in stainless steel and the price $10 including shipping (as always).

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

I will be more than happy to add that accuracy mod to mine, but was planning to get the stock one flattened. I already paid Robin Franklin on FB to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everybody!

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

Heck yeah! Count me in, Roy.

Hi everybody!

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

Yes! Upgrade parts for the 2.0 are always welcome!

So while I was in a hurry to order the new heatsink from TCSS I ordered White white blue. Not blue blue white on the tri cree...so i found the part number for the blue and went ahead and removed the white and replaced it with a blue. Took two tries to get the soldering right...but I got it!

View attachment 600392

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gday mate.

Just wondering where you got the led from?

I burned mine out and I was going to get a new tri cre but if I can repair this one that would be awesome!

Got my Graflex Shop red button plastic inserts today and put them into the 2.0. Used some 3M tape and they're nice! I got the 3 I needed for about the price of one full thumbscrew, so I can't complain. Those plus a glass eye and I'm very pleased. Made a blade plug with a gold 1mm audio jack and I have quite a few of my planned upgrades out of the way. Gonna wait for KR to release the engraved pommel caps and I'll get his screws and some contact strips to finish 'em.

IMG_20160912_194743.jpg

Hi everybody!

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

What's the prognosis? (said with bated breath...)

Haha! Thanks for ordering :)
Yes! The beer tabs fit perfectly and are for sale!

Got it! Amazing as expected:

IMG_20161018_141042370.jpg

Here it is with my The Graflex Shop replacement red button:

IMG_20161019_170826351.jpg

IMG_20161019_170858200.jpg

Here's the KR Sabers replacement side screw and brass tab:

IMG_20161019_170843049.jpg

KR Sabers slot screw and custom shine- through glass eye:

IMG_20161019_170937167.jpg

IMG_20161019_171027438.jpg

Rabbit ear post from Tom1999 and ARKM's razor plug :) :

IMG_20161019_172250122.jpg

IMG_20161019_171005371.jpg

DONE!!! Thanks, Roy... and everybody else that is so amazing on this forum... :)

I use the Graflex Shop's Blade Adapter (GBA) which has the small threaded area much like the 2.0's blade holder. So we modified it to fit the V1 Glass Eye. A hole is drilled through where the 2.0 Glass Eye would normally go to fit the V1 Glass Eye. It will end up looking like this when lit up

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy98/JaxAndTheMoon/blade plug design 16_zpsfvsjuu0x.jpg

The glass eye fits perfectly into it, as seen here.

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy98/JaxAndTheMoon/blade plug design 18_zpszuuzhufw.jpg

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy98/JaxAndTheMoon/blade plug design 19_zpsxzhxn62u.jpg

This process would be the same with the 2.0. It does require a drill press though. I hope this helps!

Hi! I got a Graflex 2.0 Kit, and on the top part if has a big metallic piece from the emitter to the clamp, which includes the blade holder, however this prevents using MB Chassis, and you can only go with a Goth-or-similar style chassis, so my question would be: is there a chance to replace the big metallic piece the 2.0 comes with so that you can use all that room inside the top part as well with the MB chassis? Are there any considerations?

Hi! I got a Graflex 2.0 Kit, and on the top part if has a big metallic piece from the emitter to the clamp, which includes the blade holder, however this prevents using MB Chassis, and you can only go with a Goth-or-similar style chassis, so my question would be: is there a chance to replace the big metallic piece the 2.0 comes with so that you can use all that room inside the top part as well with the MB chassis? Are there any considerations?

Since the the blade holder (the long black part) screws into the bottom can and since the Graflex 2.0 clamp has no tabs, one option would be to cut out the middle section of the blade holder and then connect the top and bottom piece of it together with rods. That way, you still have the threaded bottom. Another option would be to chop the bottom half of the blade holder off, make your own slots in both the top and bottom can to match a vintage and use a vintage or replica clamp that has the tabs so that it can hold the top and bottom cans together properly.

Now you may be wondering why I don't suggest using a 3rd party blade holder that's much shorter. That's because there most likely isn't one on the market that will line up properly with all the holes in the Graflex 2.0 top can and that is significantly shorter.

Since the the blade holder (the long black part) screws into the bottom can and since the Graflex 2.0 clamp has no tabs, one option would be to cut out the middle section of the blade holder and then connect the top and bottom piece of it together with rods. That way, you still have the threaded bottom. Another option would be to chop the bottom half of the blade holder off, make your own slots in both the top and bottom can to match a vintage and use a vintage or replica clamp that has the tabs so that it can hold the top and bottom cans together properly.

Now you may be wondering why I don't suggest using a 3rd party blade holder that's much shorter. That's because there most likely isn't one on the market that will line up properly with all the holes in the Graflex 2.0 top can and that is significantly shorter.

Yeah, I have come to realice that 2.0 has no tabs and no slots either, your idea to make my own slots is actually not that bad, however, as I have limited access to those tool, I don’t see it happening. I’m starting to think about getting an MB chassis and modify the chassis (mainly parts 5 6 and 7) to fit in the bottom of the black metallic part, which would be a “middle ground”. Modding a 3d-printed chassis is far easier than slot-and-tab making.

Thinking about getting a Roman clamp with the Graflex name on it for my ANH 2.0, and I plan to grind down the protrusions so it'll fit snugly. Which clamp of his best approximates the finish of the 2.0: satin or matte?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back