(In Process) Fem. Ironman Suit / Pepper's Rescue Suit / Irongirl Barracuda Mark ST1

Re: (In Process) Fem. Ironman Suit / Pepper's Rescue Suit / Irongirl Barracuda Mark S

Well i use a foam, which is selfsticky when heated up. The seams melt together. But when i use "normal" foam i always use a contact cement.

Re: (In Process) Fem. Ironman Suit / Pepper's Rescue Suit / Irongirl Barracuda Mark S

New Update.

At weekend i tried to cast some pieces, which repeats in the suit. Hinge-parts.

First time i casted something out of resin and making molds.. so it's not that perfect as it could be.
You can see here huge differences between the first cast and the third one.
gelenke.jpg

And here you can see how they turned out:
Oberarmteile.jpg

Long time no see.

in reason of illness and an small crafting accident.... well i took a unfreely break.

You can see i started to paint the finished pieces and remade the helmet. The new one look way better then the first one (this one is completly destroyed by fluid rubber colors, which reacted with each other....|D~~)

13063164_777154072420870_2734668249304035275_o.jpg13173069_784755684994042_3966431023361923476_o.jpg

Long time no see.

in reason of illness and an small crafting accident.... well i took a unfreely break.

You can see i started to paint the finished pieces and remade the helmet. The new one look way better then the first one (this one is completly destroyed by fluid rubber colors, which reacted with each other....|D~~)

View attachment 623468View attachment 623469
words cant describe how much i love this build, the suit is coming out great! :D

Thank you for following and reading this build :D

Some late night update:

I reworked the color and applied a glossy finish. I started with the leg armor. Top part is done.
And i reworked the arm armor.

schulter.jpg
bein.jpg
arm.jpg

Put all done and half done parts together for testing...!
To do list:
- Have to do some shape corrections for the faceplate/visor and glue on the last piece.
- detail the shin armor.
- Shoe, knee and colar patterns
- detail the back piece
- finish undersuit sewing
- priming, coating and painting
-Add electronics
- Sit proudly in my costume on our Couch and being awesome

iron_girl.jpg

I want to share here my little "how crack-safe is my foamcoat"-video. Its no plastidip, no liquid latex and no resin. Completly living-room-work-friendly and nontoxic.
i think about to record a "how-to"-Video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh yes please, a tutorial qould be great :D I've just converted my workflow from domyos mats to eva mats :D

I would love to know how you sealed/coated this. Great work!

Arm armor. Mechanics work well. I'm able to move my arms freely /)O__O/) wueeeh!

and well today i took a break from crafting.. i just coated, painted and sealed some finished armor pieces.

13235208_787106681425609_9008399799009317326_o.jpg13235294_789068664562744_1531826669009405338_o.jpg

Well. I love to work with foam.

Arm armor. Mechanics work well. I'm able to move my arms freely /)O__O/) wueeeh!

and well today i took a break from crafting.. i just coated, painted and sealed some finished armor pieces.

View attachment 626558View attachment 626559

Well. I love to work with foam.

You were talking about pva + water based resin. Can you give us a link to the resin you use?

Awesome project so far,C :thumbsup and very cool that you make your own patterns !
I wish you the best of luck with your build

Yesterday i installed the lights into the arc reactor.

chestpiece.jpg

... made the repulsor and tested my arm movement.

can't wait to finish this suit. I already have a lot ideas for a second one.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back