SNG studios Daily video

Thanks so much! As it turns out we are building the Centurion next. I've had one for awhile and your broad would be very helpful. The reason I didn't go with sequencing lights on the BSG is that in watching the show again I didn't notice them tracing at all. Plus it would be real hard to do that even on this larger model there just isn't the room.

Send me an email to steveneillsgarage@gmail.com and we can talk more from there and thanks again for your kind offer.

All the best,

steve

Hi Steve, love your videos, I usually post over at hobbytalk but I'm thinking of moving over here since hobbytalk is broken..... I hope it's not too late, I have a small board, it's about 1.5" x 1.75", I designed it for my Cylon Centurion (Larson effect) but it's easly modified to a chaser effect (16 LEDs),
you're welcome to one if you'd like, let me know...

View attachment 456740

7 effects shots done to date. Worked Saturday too. These are just frame grabs of the first pass on these. There is After Effects to add yet. But the shots all work well and are quite exciting when seen animated. I added sounds and low rumbles and it was all quite moving so I'm pleased.
Next week I'm cutting the theatrical trailer at long last. Gary I might ask you to do a shot of you in the Rocket man outfit fro the trailer against green screen.
Here are some frame grabs from the edit bay.
Steve

leaving mars.jpgSteve_mary_ships2.jpgSteve_mary_ships3.jpgSteve_mary_ships4.jpg

leaving mars.jpg

Steve_mary_ships2.jpg

Steve_mary_ships3.jpg

Steve_mary_ships4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots more to do on these effects as I head back to the studio today. But I thought I'd show you some of the "Unfinished" action in the bay.

Got a Cochran? Made up some more this week. They are available at our store and are signed by doug Drexler and cast from the original with a custom marble resin base.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 61
18491_615915325212107_6297217249580084740_n.jpg10985358_615915331878773_7896754870500550082_n.jpg11027124_615915318545441_9043306652317991044_n.jpgThe enterprise is framing up fast. I managed to get the internal support armature and mounting bass made. I won't finish it off until I get the model all painted and finished but I can now move on to attaching the saucer and pylons. All of this will all be remove able as I will need to take it apart and assemble the model as I install the windows, rooms, bridge, hanger bay and so much more. Once done I can lock it all down but I will still have access to the engineering section where the boards and electronics are kept.Here's a picture of it so far. More tomorrow.If you want to be part of this build please visit our support page for the Museum of Science Fiction Enterprise build at:http://www.steveneillsgarage.com/donations66-tos-museum-of-…

A lot more done today on the Big E. We are asking you to support this non-profit build we are doing for the Museum of Science Fiction. If you lend your support by donating you will get your name on the plague that will be placed on the model for all to see. We have a tab on our website menu under "Friends of SNG" that will lead you to the support page for this project.
http://www.steveneillsgarage.com/donations66-tos-museum-of-…
Got the saucer internal armature installed and the saucer bolted to the neck support. Of course this can all be taken apart to add the lights and add windows and other functions.
Tomorrow I'm installing the removable pylons and nacelles. More tomorrow and thanks for your support.

IMG_1443.JPGIMG_1438.JPGMOSF-TOS-1.jpg

IMG_1438.JPG

IMG_1443.JPG

MOSF-TOS-1.jpg

I started making this movie over 3 years ago. My late wife at that time was starting to fight her cancer. When it got worse I had to stop production. Now all this time later I have decided to finish it. So much of the edit is lost and many effects shots never finished. It's about 20 minutes long. But I have recovered enough of it to make a go of finishing it after "Martians Attack SNG" is finished. I will have to do the effects shots all myself but it should be fun as all the live action is done and cut together. The voice of the computer is that of my late wife Gillian Neill. I think she would have wanted me to finish it. She wrote the story.
The CGI Bridge was constructed in Lightwave by myself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back